This may sound cheesy, but how can I get the tone from R.E.M.'s What's the Frequency Kenneth? We're going to cover it, and I can't figure out what that sound is... someone told me it's a "leslie" speaker. What does that mean?
A Leslie means the speaker is rotating in the cabinet. It's not really as cool as it sounds, IMO.

There are some pedals that try to reproduce it. Though I'm not sure of their quality. Dunlop and I think Vox have some.
It could be a leslie, but I think just a good distorted tone and a tremolo would work just fine.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!


To me it sounds like a boost to some mid-high frequencies. Like whatever chord he plays, the guitar overtones are coming out much stronger.

Try an EQ pedal.
and a Ric...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!