Has anyone had their amp modded by Voodoo? I'm considering buying a modded Dual Rectifier from Voodoo, or buying a Peavey XXX and get it modded, but I want to know the opinions of people that have had their amps modded by Voodoo to see if it's worth while. If I don't get the modded Recto or the modded XXX, I will probably get a VHT Sig:X.

Thanks
Quote by LukeBTH
Has anyone had their amp modded by Voodoo? I'm considering buying a modded Dual Rectifier from Voodoo, or buying a Peavey XXX and get it modded, but I want to know the opinions of people that have had their amps modded by Voodoo to see if it's worth while. If I don't get the modded Recto or the modded XXX, I will probably get a VHT Sig:X.

Thanks

Well the

pros:
Better tone
Possibly eliminates some mechanical faults or improves durability

cons:
expensive
doesn't increase value
it will always sound similar to what it originally sounded like
it could hurt durability
voids warranty

That being said, if you love you some rectifiers but they're just missing a little something you desire, I'd get it modded. I would trust FJA mods more than voodoo as they are a smaller company, quite a bit cheaper, and you can get something more custom, such as asking for stronger mids or something similar.

Upgrading a Subaru WRX makes it better, but it's still not a Ferarri. A modded Dual rec isn't a Roadking. A modded XXX doesn't make a Soldano. Personally, unless I were getting it custom modded, I'd either save up for the high end amp that you have tried out for hours and know you love it. It's much better to buy 1 amp than 2-3+ trying to find that 1 amp.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio