29/6/08 - Love_Buzz
6/7/08 - Stepco12345
13/7/08 - Ataxia
20/7/08 - Broken Drum
27/7/08 - Goldmember
3/8/08 Mikko
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
This had better be good, because I've gone a week without MR radio. (See, you guys do mean something to me. Mainly because the majority of my friends are on holiday right now and I'm wiling away the time here. But partly because I actually don't hate you.)

EDIT: Mad Season? This playlist is already awesome.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Expected desert/stoner rock. Cool to see lots of it there. Very nice playlist.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
This is what the fuck I'm talking about.

Yeah, ghey indie shit can leik gtfo

Actually, I see what you mean. As awesome as Broken Social Scene, 65daysofstatic, and A Silver Mt. Zion are, not very many people would consider them 'modern rock', let alone 'rock'.

Also, I forgot to mention, you put one of my favorite Kyuss songs on there. Blues for the Red Sun is a masterpiece.
Quote by goldmember1217
Yeah, ghey indie shit can leik gtfo

Actually, I see what you mean. As awesome as Broken Social Scene, 65daysofstatic, and A Silver Mt. Zion are, not very many people would consider them 'modern rock', let alone 'rock'.

Also, I forgot to mention, you put one of my favorite Kyuss songs on there. Blues for the Red Sun is a masterpiece.

I do like all of those bands actually. I just wanna see modern rock in a modern rock forum.
Muxtape isn't working for me at the moment, but looks like a decent list. Some bands I've been wanting to check out for a while on there, such as Eleven and Mondo.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
"I wanna see a revival tonight, Lord, let there be a revival, ooooh" - Seriously love that song. What a disappointing album though, eh? Barring a couple of exceptions ('Kingdom of rain', 'Jesus of nothing' the most notable) it was rather forgettable.

Good selection.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
"I wanna see a revival tonight, Lord, let there be a revival, ooooh" - Seriously love that song. What a disappointing album though, eh? Barring a couple of exceptions ('Kingdom of rain', 'Jesus of nothing' the most notable) it was rather forgettable.

Have to disagree... In fact, I really have to. From Revival up to the Stone's cover (Instrumentals as well), I think it's a class album and my favourite of last year.
This is so fucking good. Hats off to you, Red.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by wiggyisgreat
That's a cool list, I like it, although I've never heard of you?

Then you don't go in the QOTSA/Stoner rock threads enough.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
"Muxtape will be unavailable for a brief period while we sort out a problem with the RIAA."

Dammit, now I won't get to listen to the second half of the playlist.
So um.. how am I supposed to make mine now?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by stepco12345
You won't be.

Which is unfortunate.

S'okay, gives me more time to think about it. I've been trying to figure out what to put on it for the past month and I've realized everything different I can bring to the table either isn't modern or isn't rock. We'll just have to see.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

We could just delay all the following ones till it returns. Or find a different site. I'm sure there must be somewhere that does a similar thing.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by frankv
Why don't you just use Megaupload?

Because we want to keep this as legal as possible.

However, I think the best solution is to use megaupload/rapidshare, and just post some sort of disclaimer along the lines of: "If any band/label doesn't wish their music to be distributed like this, we are happy to take it down, we are just trying to spread word on music we like."

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Quote by FrenchyFungus

However, I think the best solution is to use megaupload/rapidshare, and just post some sort of disclaimer along the lines of: "If any band/label doesn't wish their music to be distributed like this, we are happy to take it down, we are just trying to spread word on music we like."

Mmm, yes. Or upload music to UG profiles?
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
Mmm, yes. Or upload music to UG profiles?

Definitely not.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Sounds reasonable. I hope Muxtape sorts this shit out soon though, would save me a lot of re-uploading.
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp

We don't want UG hosting copyrighted mp3s, the site's had enough problems with the RIAA without getting **** for that.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp

you aren't supposed to upload copywritten music from other bands or artists unless it's like a backing track for a cover
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
We don't want UG hosting copyrighted mp3s, the site's had enough problems with the RIAA without getting **** for that.

Yet you're willing to allow people to download copywrited material for free? Meaning they will be able to do anything they want with them as they will literally own the Mp3's. At least on UG profiles you can't actually download them.

Doesn't make sense to me. How about just waiting until muxtape is back up?

Edit: Alternatives;

http://www.anywhere.fm/player/
http://www.imeem.com/
Last edited by redh0tchilip3pp at Aug 19, 2008,
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
Yet you're willing to allow people to download copywrited material for free? Meaning they will be able to do anything they want with them as they will literally own the Mp3's. At least on UG profiles you can't actually download them.

Doesn't make sense to me. How about just waiting until muxtape is back up?

yeah we should just wait. when pp&e used mega, we had to put a long disclaimer at the end saying that if the some band or company didnt want our music up then we would have to remove the song. if that ever happened it was probably alot of work and just got annoying.

although muxtape is always down, it was easier and nicer for us. we didn't have to download a large file then extract it all and even half of us didnt have winzip or anything like that

and since I'm on my iPod () I'll give it a listen later
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by mikko_9119
yeah we should just wait. when pp&e used mega, we had to put a long disclaimer at the end saying that if the some band or company didnt want our music up then we would have to remove the song. if that ever happened it was probably alot of work and just got annoying.

although muxtape is always down, it was easier and nicer for us. we didn't have to download a large file then extract it all and even half of us didnt have winzip or anything like that

and since I'm on my iPod () I'll give it a listen later

Well, I don't really see what the problem is with putting a disclaimer on the profiles. Frenchy knows more than me though, so he's right.
Page 1 of 2