I'm looking for some new songs with basslines, I've been listening to classic rock and old stuff for about 5 years...and the problem with that is there's no new material. So I've become bored with a lot of that stuff (at least for now). I'm looking for some new basslines...as in newer songs. I love Protest The Hero right now but some of their stuff is too advanced...I can play some though. So any newer songs with nice basslines? Preferably not pop-rock or pop-punk or anything with the prefix 'pop'...Or Linkin Park.

EDIT: Forgot to mention; advanced basslines, not beginner ones, thanks.
What do you like listening to? Try those bands.

What I like to play isn't necessarily what you'd like to play.
BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME.

Dude, you'll have lots of fun with those basslines.
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
Two words... Mars Volta
Quote by crazynickman
Dont be sad roo, you pwned him!
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by carrotcake

It wont be fun... Thats gonna make him want to cut himself there so hard.

Quote by Milan999
I'm looking for some new songs with basslines, I've been listening to classic rock and old stuff for about 5 years...and the problem with that is there's no new material. So I've become bored with a lot of that stuff (at least for now). I'm looking for some new basslines...as in newer songs. I love Protest The Hero right now but some of their stuff is too advanced...I can play some though. So any newer songs with nice basslines? Preferably not pop-rock or pop-punk or anything with the prefix 'pop'...Or Linkin Park.

EDIT: Forgot to mention; advanced basslines, not beginner ones, thanks.

You have made a damn good transition.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by carrotcake

Yeah!! if you like Protest The Hero you should like Between The Buried And Me
Thanks, guys, I'll check em out.

RHCP has some pretty fun basslines, I've also been playing their stuff since I started bass about 3 years ago.

EDIT: I'm listening to BTBAM right now, they seem to have great intros but then it just breaks down into Kick-Snare, Kick-Snare at 200mph.

The bass seems nice so I'mma check that out on Guitar Pro.

I'm also looking for some Jazz Fusion, I've been playing a lot of Jaco's stuff, like teen town, birdland and the chicken and all that.
Last edited by Milan999 at Aug 18, 2008,
Jazz fusion electric bassists to look into: Alain Caron(!), John Patiucci, Jeff Berlin, Alphonso Johnson, Paul Jackson, Victor Bailey, Stanley Clarke, Richard Bona, and of course Victor Lemonte Wooten.
check out some RHCP or primus, takes a ****load of time to keep up with les claypool, but when u finnally do it, its like the best feeling that u just played that song. lol
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!