I was looking at the amps to go along with my jazz bass when I get it. I saw the fender bassman 150 amp and thought it sounded like a good amp. Do any of you know anything else about this amp and is there a better one out there for the same price?
Last edited by fury4string at Aug 17, 2008,
I've dealt with a few Fender bass amps and I'm sure this a fine amp.

I see it's a 150 watts with a tilt cab design. Should be fine. What do you need it for? Gigs or just practice?
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Its pretty much the best 150 watt amp out there for the price and the features and tone. Only complaint is that when i crank it full i can't hear myself at band practices... So this isn't really ideal for playing live or loud band practices unless you have a PA.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
It's really not a 'gigging' amp. It's more of a monitor for standing 2 feet away from than a proper amp. It's speaker size and power handling are lacking. But for what it is, it's great.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by TooFast
I've dealt with a few Fender bass amps and I'm sure this a fine amp.

I see it's a 150 watts with a tilt cab design. Should be fine. What do you need it for? Gigs or just practice?

Both really. I will use it more for practice but you never know when a gig will come along.
for that price get the gallien-krueger backline 210... it doesnt cost much more and it has more wattage so it is probably more gigable... i played it at guitar center... its good for the price

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GallienKrueger-Backline-210-Combo-Amp?sku=482535
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
The bassman sounds beautiful for the price, but like most people said it won't be loud enough standing alone for a gig (maybe not even practice, if your band plays at unnecessary volumes). You can always D.I. to a PA if that's an option, though. You can get a louder amp for the same amount of money, less even, but it won't sound as pretty.
ashdown is your friend
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all