Don't tune them higher than that. They won't tune back down very easily.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
I do Drop C with Ernie Ball Reg. 10's, Drop C is basically D standard with the D dropped a step, so, i think you'd be good, even if they are different brand of 10 gauges.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
All depends on how you're going to feel about it. I've had .09's in D standard, still do right now I beleive. I just find it more comfortable, and as MattAnderson stated, I use 10's for C as well.
Some people don't like it though.
Quote by T!AN
Depends on the scale length of your guitar...

25.5" your fine. 24.75: may be a little loose...

It's a Gibson Les Paul, whatever scale that is. Some people say it's shorter?

Quote by SOADrox429
Don't tune them higher than that. They won't tune back down very easily.

Do you think keeping strings tuned high for a few weeks makes them less reliable for lower tunings? I thought once strings are broken in, their elasticity doesn't change.
Last edited by BrickIsRed at Aug 17, 2008,
Quote by BrickIsRed
It's a Gibson Les Paul, whatever scale that is. Some people say it's shorter?

It is. I think that they are 24.75.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
For the record, I managed to tune and intonate it perfectly for Drop-C/D-Standard using 10's.

The low E string was difficult because my tuner has trouble tracking notes as low as C, but I went with my gut and tightened up the intonation and suddenly it was very stable. Then a few more minutes of fine-tuning all the strings (since the wood adjusted to the new tension a little) and it's perfect.

I don't know why people settle on 11's if they prefer the feel of 10's. When properly set up, the tension doesn't feel much different from E-standard.
Last edited by BrickIsRed at Aug 18, 2008,