Before anyone reads this, please dont flame me for using a Spider, I like it, I think its a good amp for its price and i think that Tubes near the same price sound like garbage. I want to use the Spider III until I am able to afford an amazing Tube.

Okay now heres my problem.
I purchased this amp from Guitar Center today and it was a floor model. I had to take this one because they had no other ones in the store. So after i bought this, strings and picks I went home and tried it out. It was amazing for 10 minutes, then problems started happening. First the echoes and delays start to be weird. For each echo timing the amp made an ugly "CRRRRSSHHHHH" sound on each effect. It happens when the guitar was muted, it happens on low volume, at high volume, and wont stop until the effect is down all the way. After this the amp freezes when going through effects, the controls dont work right, does not save my presets, freezez through presets and basically sucks ass.
Now the only time the amp seems normal is the first 5 minutes that it is turned on, after that it eventually freaks out on me.

What do i do?
Im probably going to go to Guitar Center and get a refund if i cant get any help from you guys.
Last edited by Cryptorchild at Aug 17, 2008,
Hey man i agree with u toatally i got a Spider III 75w and it does everything i could ask for, anyways for your question that is definatly something u should get a refund for, hope this helps
Quote by Cryptorchild

Okay now heres my problem.
I purchased this amp.

Yes indeed
Quote by 2112lifeson2112
Hey man i agree with u toatally i got a Spider III 75w and it does everything i could ask for, anyways for your question that is definatly something u should get a refund for, hope this helps

How in God's name is that in any way useful to TS?

On topic: Try resetting the amp to the factory settings, check everything is connected properly and that there aren't any electrical devices that could interfere with the amp (hey, it does have a phone socket)
If that doesn't fix it, take it back
ohai little sig.
Quote by Griever988
A peavey classic 30 or Blues jr sounds like garbage? O.o

Its just my preference.
Anything really is a step up from my old amp anyway

My grandma got it for me a year and a half ago
Now i use a Ibanez RG7321 with EMG707's

Quote by Demonikk

On topic: Try resetting the amp to the factory settings, check everything is connected properly and that there aren't any electrical devices that could interfere with the amp (hey, it does have a phone socket)

I reset it but i didnt try the electrical device thing, ill check that out next.

he was talking about how everyone gives it crap and how he didnt care and i said i agreed and then suggested to return it? i think thats useful ?
You know, If you'd paid 100 more dollars, you could have nabbed a Bugera Combo that would kick the **** out of that spider...

Spiders seem to have quite a few bugs... there isn't much you can do...
Well it was next to the fridge(i live in the basement >.>...we have a frige down there and a shelf next to it...just dont ask) so i moved it to the center of the room away from electronics and i was doing great for 15 minutes. Then the delay's kicked out again and 10minutes after that the entire amp messed up and froze more than a windows vista on a computer with .5 GB of RAM.
I think(hope) its the fact that its a ****ty floor model.
You got n00bs messing with the amps like "LOLZ I LEAVE AMP ON WHEN I NO PLAY IT!!!1 I TEH RX0RZ"
I played Spiders before at Guitar Centers and they never did this to me.
If the next spider does the same then ill just get a refund..and find a new amp

I play Metal with alot of Industrial Influence so the Spider's footboard and effects are a great option to me instead of having millions of different pedals.
i do have to agree with the things about floor models, but you still bought it and played it before buying it. Maybe if you just sat down for 1/2 hour and worked out the kinks and fixed the channels you will be fine. Or you can just return it X)
Quote by Ghold125
i do have to agree with the things about floor models, but you still bought it and played it before buying it. Maybe if you just sat down for 1/2 hour and worked out the kinks and fixed the channels you will be fine. Or you can just return it X)

Well all the problems dont work themselfs out.
And i didnt have time to play that amp when i went(i have played it in many other guitar centers before) my stepdad was bitching at me...i hate not being able to drive
Return it and get a tube combo NAO
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Spiders tend to have weird electric gremlins usually not so fast. Most of the time they make to the end of the warranty. If a reset doesnt fix it take it back. You may want to think of getting a lower powered one. The big ones dont sound any better than the small ones.
Return it and get a Bugera.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I try to reset back to the factory default. If that doesn't fix it, take it back.
Quote by Demonikk

yea, do this. my spider III 150 does some funny things sometimes, too, but they usually work themselves out pretty quickly. but yea, if it wont work, refund it or use ur one year warranty.

good luck!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional