so if you personally know me at all through AIM, in person, messages, what the tits ever... you know that i need a bandsaw because i do all my bandsaw work at the neighbors on his piece of ayse 9'' saw. look what i just got...

14'' craftsman professional. normally 550$

Finally! im going to pick it up tomorrow. its 50 dollars off right now, and tonight from 6-9 it was a store-wide 10% off thing... and i managed to dock another 60 dollars off with online coupon codes using a basic google search for "sears coupon codes"

yay!.

total came to like 460 dollars... i got the 30 dollar 2 year in-home replacement/repair thing too.
Last edited by LP Addict at Aug 17, 2008,
yay indeed--im still stuck with a f***in coping saw, hacksaw, and hand held jigsaw.

EDOT: oh and a dremel. that thing has saved my ass countless times
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Pics tomorrow. Or I hurt you.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
I'm jealous.

A Sears near me had the smaller 12" bandsaw (normally $369 or something like that) on clearance for half off. I almost bought it on the spot just because it was so cheap. $170 I think?

I was thinking I'd rather have the bigger one, though.

Nice deal you got there. Thanks for the coupon tip, haven't done that in years.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
i was going to get the smaller one, but i thought to myself... theres a pretty big difference in the quality control from craftsman and craftsman professional... plus i dont want to have to ever upgrade.
that's awesome so you can cut billets into bookmatched then! Im'a look into that
^oh God....just when ya think ur gettin a good deal.....
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
lol pwned

can you take it back?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
just when you thought it was safe to buy chinese
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
actually... sorry for double post... but try readjusting the blade and the guide bearings... you may have something set too tight. also, even though it's wood you have to go slow with it... don't push like you're trying to rape a bear.

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
^i thought craftsman was american????? ahhhhh that makes even more of the stuff i own communist sweatshop pieces of s***
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Last edited by AngusJimiKeith at Aug 19, 2008,
Quote by nuthinbuttrubl8
don't push like you're trying to rape a bear.

ahaha lmao!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
they put all the gauges on there to make it look high quality, so u buy it, and then realize its a piece of crap.

actually, this is really wierd, ive never had a problem with any craftsmen stuff me (or my dad in the case of power tools) have bought....see if its some kind of defect and get it fixed (tell me its still under warrenty a few days after u bought it)
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
well there ya go
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Ya, this is how that call is gonna go

LP- Hi, I'm having a problem with a purchase.

Sears-Is it still under warranty?

LP- Yes, I have the four year in home repair

Sears- Did you read the owners manual?

LP- Yes.

Sears- Is the device plugged in?

LP-I didnt even tell you what it was...but yes

Sears- We can get someone out there by...*fake ruffling of papers* lets say....Will you be home at 4:30 on November 23rd 2012?
the hand tools are still USA made (i think they are anyway)... the power tools are made by a company named Orion - a spinoff company of delta. It's all chinese crap but compared to the stuff they had in the late 90's its "better" crap. The late 80's early 90's stuff was made in taiwan by emerson... anything with a serial 113.xxxx is awesome.

*all sears rep voices are performed by Ravi Shankar*

sears - what day did you buy it?

LP - august 19th

sears - 2008?

LP - yea

sears - 4 year warranty?

LP - yea

sears - ok... august 18th 2012 we can come out...

LP - won't that be out of warranty?

sears - sir, nobody rides for free...

seems odd. It could be a problem with the blade. If your not using a resaw blade of some type and your bandsaw isn't powerful enough you definitely should be having problems resawing. I know my resaw blade is 1 inch wide and has a much different tooth count than my non resawing blades.
haha so you finally got it? congrats, and dont forget, my money helped buy it

even if it was only 70 haha
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.