Okay, this is a bit of a "what the hell should I do" entry.

I just bought a hollow body electric guitar "NEW" (*coughlyingsonofabitchcough*) over the internet, which arrived in a horrible condition. To start, the frets on the high e side are filed down miserably. A string has already broke after two days from it, actually. This is only minor compared to the DISMAL wiring on the electrical side. The pickup selector (on this "NEW" guitar) is actually set in SIDEWAYS, so it's a bit obvious someone's been hand-iring poorly. When both pickups are on turning either pickup's volume to 0 shuts down the whole instrument, yet the neck pickup's peak volume in this mode is at 5! O_o When set to just the neck, however, 5 isn't audible, so it has to be turned to 10 again. I don't even believe the necks tone is even wired up, as that knob seems to do nothing. Also, the construction of the guitar makes it hard to get in, so I'd literally have to take the thing apart to try rewiring it.

So far, it's cost $160 to get it. I can send it back for $30 and get a refund of $120, which means I'll be out $70 and a guitar. I could, on the other hand, try to fix it, which will cost a fair amount higher, but I'll still have a guitar. Which seems more effecient in this case?

Evil, evil camera...

~C2
Last edited by Surreal Reverie at Aug 17, 2008,
Why cant you get a full refund? If i was you i would go kick the **** out of the seller. And then rob him.
send it back, for false adveritising

(pics would be nice
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by Echoplex
get the asshole who you bought it from to pay full refund and shipping

this
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Quote by red18420
Why cant you get a full refund? If i was you i would go kick the **** out of the seller. And then rob him.

The contract of purchase said a refund on direct price. The instrument costs $120, and shipping was $40. Also, I'd have to pay the shipping back, which is about $30.

Internet bull****...
Quote by Surreal Reverie
...The instrument costs $120, and shipping was $40...

What were you expecting a 335?
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
What were you expecting a 335?

No, but something that could at least be played without snapping strings into my hand would be nice. O_O
Quote by ShredGod George
send it back, for false adveritising

(pics would be nice

That might work, actually. I'll see about it.

Oh and there are pics, now.