hi
i want to get the sound of gilmour in the solo this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wtiNzci1Wc but i dont know if its reverb or delay (i'm relatively new to effects :confused i had checked the marshall reflector and the ehx holy grail if it was a reverb since both are in the same price range. Which one is better? and in case the effect in the video is delay which one is good in the same price range??
please help me
thanks a lot
http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=20

EDIT: If you're particularly lazy...
important details summarized from this page
http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=50

live
Stratocaster, bridge pickup
- solo; Big Muff, Electric Mistress and delay
Note: Although the Yamaha rotating speakers was on for most songs, it’s a dominating effect during the solo.

MXR digital delay
- time 370ms (mains)
- time 440ms (Another Brick 1/ Last Few Brick)
- time 380ms (Run Like Hell)
Note: This seems to be the typical times for the delays, normally with 5-6 repeats and volume at 30%. I have listed below where the feedback/repeats are increased.
Last edited by mattvl at Aug 17, 2008,
I get Goose Bumps whenever I hear this song... It has to be 1 of the top 5 Solo's of all time (The 2nd one).
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by TheHamburglar
Syd Barrett used a Binson Echorec unit that Gilmour also used after he took over the guitarist role in Pink Floyd.

Look for the Electro-Harmonix Memory Man (Analog) I read it is quite similar to the floyd echo sound.

yeah but it's way out of my budget what about the marshall echohead? i really thought it was reverb. would i be able to get some kind of echo with reverb pedal?
Last edited by slashfan31 at Aug 17, 2008,
Quote by TheHamburglar
Try that MXR digital delay that mattvl said.

Or try looking for another delay pedal that's more of a analog sound to it, one of the pedals I don't recommend is the Boss because it is very digital and metallic sounding.

i can't find the mxr on guitar center and i need to get it there cause my uncle is buying it for me when he goes to the usa next week andhe knows nothing about guitars
Quote by strangedogs
I get Goose Bumps whenever I hear this song... It has to be 1 of the top 5 Solo's of all time (The 2nd one).

I agree.
It's not all that hard, it's just... epic.
Quote by slashfan31
i can't find the mxr on guitar center and i need to get it there cause my uncle is buying it for me when he goes to the usa next week andhe knows nothing about guitars

You have to find one used, MXR is out of business.
Quote by mattvl
You have to find one used, MXR is out of business.

damn will any other pedal do the job for under $120?
Quote by TheHamburglar
Syd Barrett used a Binson Echorec unit that Gilmour also used after he took over the guitarist role in Pink Floyd.

This is slightly off topic, but Gilmour actually used one first.
MXR was bought out by Dunlop. That's all.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.