So I finally got my first electric guitar, and I've been using my computer as an amp when I feel like actually hearing myself play.

The question is, what is the best amp under 100 bucks? I dont need to burt my neighbor's ear drums, I would just like something with good tone, thats durable, and good equalization controls.

One of my friend's is suggesting a Line 6 Spider, but I see that MANY of you would rather ground yourself to an engine block than use it.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Computer as an amp???

How do you do that?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
ive heard good things bout rolad cubes... dont know if its that cheap though :/
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
line 6 spiders are horrible IMO... some (very few) people would like to disagree. get a starter amp for now until you get enough money to get a better amp. btw, how are you using your computer as an amp?
yeah ive only heard good things about roland microcubes. Those i believe are $125 though if you are willing to spend a bit more.
I have a short cord that has headphone jacks (the tiny ones) on both ends, and an adapter that has a headphone sized hole for the input and a standard sized jack that goes into the guitar, meaning i have to sit next to the computer. good tone for clean playing, but inconvenient and inable to do anything else.

You mean Roland Cubes? I was looking at a 60 amp, seeing and hearing good things about it, but that will be MUCH furher down the road.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by FireandFlames

THANK YOU, this is perfect. Looks sturdy as a brick, cheap enough, and all the funtions. I will see about getting my hands on this.

Thank you very much guys.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50