Hi. I just purchased a new jackson SL2h soloist. I absolutely love it. However, when using the whammy bar, I noticed if I used it one way, all the strings would be tuned to standard but if I pushed the other way, the strings would all go out of tune, which could be the fixed by pushing the whammy bar back in the other direction to excess then letting go of the whammy bar.

I figured out that the springs on the floyd rose were actually scraping along the backplate of the guitar at the back when I pulled on the whammy bar, so that the bridge didn't reset itself.

Now nothing looks damaged. My guitar is set up fine. But a quality manufacturer like jackson surely would not have made such an error? Its completely fundamental to the way the guitar was made.

There are obvious remedies. One is to remove the backplate of the guitar. Another is to set the springs so that the bridge is at a raised angle to the body (i.e. no longer parallel). However, I do not want to do either of these things. Is there anything I can do? I even tried putting card around the outside of the metal plate to raise it a bit but the springs still catch. The strings are slightly (I emphasize slightly) bent near where they hook onto the floyd rose, so maybe buying new springs would do it. The thing is, it looks like this is just a natural result of the constant tension on the springs and if I got some new ones, they'd just bend in the same way.

So has anyone else had this problem, or is there anyone who knows how to fix this problem?

Cheers guys
Quote by Jamma
Hi. I just purchased a new jackson SL2h soloist. I absolutely love it. However, when using the whammy bar, I noticed if I used it one way, all the strings would be tuned to standard but if I pushed the other way, the strings would all go out of tune, which could be the fixed by pushing the whammy bar back in the other direction to excess then letting go of the whammy bar.

I figured out that the springs on the floyd rose were actually scraping along the backplate of the guitar at the back when I pulled on the whammy bar, so that the bridge didn't reset itself.

Now nothing looks damaged. My guitar is set up fine. But a quality manufacturer like jackson surely would not have made such an error? Its completely fundamental to the way the guitar was made.

There are obvious remedies. One is to remove the backplate of the guitar. Another is to set the springs so that the bridge is at a raised angle to the body (i.e. no longer parallel). However, I do not want to do either of these things. Is there anything I can do? I even tried putting card around the outside of the metal plate to raise it a bit but the springs still catch. The strings are slightly (I emphasize slightly) bent near where they hook onto the floyd rose, so maybe buying new springs would do it. The thing is, it looks like this is just a natural result of the constant tension on the springs and if I got some new ones, they'd just bend in the same way.

So has anyone else had this problem, or is there anyone who knows how to fix this problem?

Cheers guys

lol

sure they did, take it to a tech and dont worry about it
Look at the nut when you move the whammy, does it slide back and forth when you dive/lift? Look VERY closely.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!