Page 1 of 5
So I got this topic from the ebaumworld forums.(don't ask why) I have to say, some of the answers there were quite rude, and most of the guys on there are idiots. So I thought I'd bring this topic to UG to see what the Pit thinks. I only put down deaf as an option to date, although in the ebaumsworld topic there was also blind to. But I decided to narrow it down.

I would have no problem dating a deaf girl, if I found her to be nice and attractive. I would go out of my way to learn the sign language and try to be with her.

Would you guys?
Be cool.
Last edited by thedude051 at Aug 17, 2008,
Isn't that like contagious?

Kidding, but no. Communication would be too hard.
Well, I wouldn't be able to woo her with my fret-shredding abilities, which is just as well. I'll hold my guitar and she won't be able to tell whether I suck or not, so, awesome.

...Yes, I would.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
No. I don't think learning a language for a girl is worth it.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
I'm not sure.It'd be very difficult to learn how to sign just to talk to her in the first place, although I imagine it'd be useful to learn simple words anyway.

Good question.

EDIT:
Quote by brandon369852
No. I don't think learning a language for a girl is worth it.

Evidently not seen Love Actually
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Nope..

I think it would be hard to get to know her and her personality without talking to her.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by thedude051
So I got this topic from the ebaumworld forums.(don't ask why) I have to say, some of the answers there were quite rude, and most of the guys on there are idiots. So I thought I'd bring this topic to UG to see what the Pit thinks. I only put down deaf as an option to date, although in the ebaumsworld topic there was also blind to. But I decided to narrow it down.

I would date one problem, if I found her to be nice and attractive. I would go out of my way to learn the sign language and try to be with her.

Would you guys?

sound pretty desperate. you should watch the film boxing helena. I was getting chatty with a hot deaf girl on line years ago. She didnt tell me she was at the time when i met her she was and she spoke all retarded. i didnt have the heart to tap her.
Well, I wouldn't know sign language in the first place, so how would I know if she was worth dating or not? If all of a sudden my girlfriend went deaf, of course I would learn sign language, but I don't see a reason to learn sign language just to see if I liked a deaf girl.
I'd rather date a blind one.
Sure. That means I don't have to listen to her nagging.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
I couldn't. I'm not going to learn sign language just for a girl.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
I can already kind of sign, though I haven't really learned too much. I know simple phrases. If the girl that is deaf is the kind of girl I'm interested in, then I'd without a doubt date her.

The only possible problem I could see would be that being the romantic I am, and the idiot that I am, I'd probably end up writing her a love song although I think it'd be pretty damn romantic to stand up on stage in front of hundreds of people, and sing/sign my love for my girlfriend.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
I would. I would change the furniture layout if she cheated on me.
Owner of the Murder, She Wrote club
Quote by LP Addict
Quote by Vinyl_Master
Oh, finish the guitar, then spill whiskey and coffee on it. Lock in dank basement for several years, enjoy.

don't forget feces. i always get that on my axe somehow.
Quote by Phazer
sound pretty desperate. you should watch the film boxing helena. I was getting chatty with a hot deaf girl on line years ago. She didnt tell me she was at the time when i met her she was and she spoke all retarded. i didnt have the heart to tap her.

How so? If I find myself attracted to a girl because of her personality and looks, but she is deaf, how is that desperate? Whats the worst that could happen? I am not embarrassed by being around people with disabilities.
Be cool.
Quote by Dimebag Dave

What?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
yeah as long as she was attractive. it would be interesting to get to know a deaf person.
Quote by thedude051
How so? If I find myself attracted to a girl because of her personality and looks, but she is deaf, how is that desperate? Whats the worst that could happen? I am not embarrassed by being around people with disabilities.

good on you for not being put off by it/discriminating. We need more of you.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

EDIT:
Evidently not seen Love Actually

I only watched that movie for the boob scenes. I never actually got the message the movie was trying to show.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by thedude051

easy way to get chick outwith your league is through a) disability or b) foreigners. Ive tried both lol.
Quote by KnockoffJaguar
I would. I would change the furniture layout if she cheated on me.

Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
why would you not date her??
I mean sure she cant talk
..or listen to you..
or communicate well...

damn...
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Quote by Phazer
easy way to get chick outwith your league is through a) disability or b) foreigners. Ive tried both lol.

Your logic lacks sense. I am not trying to 'get with' deaf girls because I am desperate. I am saying if you happened to meet a deaf girl, would you like to get to know them better because you find them to be nice and/or attractive? You sound like a loser my good man.
Be cool.
Quote by brandon369852
I only watched that movie for the boob scenes. I never actually got the message the movie was trying to show.

I had to watch it for media. S'nowone of my favourites.

Far fetched but one of the storylines is a guy who learns the language of his maid after spending time together while he writes a book and she learns English and then he proposes at Christmas and it's all lovely and stuff. Yeah.

More developed than that obviously ^__^;
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by Dimebag Dave

no, u just wouldent know wtf she was saying lol
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
I think I would if I was deeply attracted to her.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I had to watch it for media. S'nowone of my favourites.

Far fetched but one of the storylines is a guy who learns the language of his maid after spending time together while he writes a book and she learns English and then he proposes at Christmas and it's all lovely and stuff. Yeah.

More developed than that obviously ^__^;

Sounds lovely.
Follow me on Twitter
I would date her if I knew her before hand and already loved her.
Then I would learn sign language for her.
This reminds me of Silas' girlfriend on Weeds.

Anyways, I would if I was attracted to her and I liked her. Her being deaf wouldn't bother me too much at all.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Quote by thedude051
Your logic lacks sense. I am not trying to 'get with' deaf girls because I am desperate. I am saying if you happened to meet a deaf girl, would you like to get to know them better because you find them to be nice and/or attractive? You sound like a loser my good man.

yep definately desperate my good man. most guys are desperate for a woman at some point. especially if you live in canada
i could if she had some personality

i was a cub scout and know a little smigeon of signing

And i could play the guitar as loud as i frigon want

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination
Last edited by Haustinj at Aug 17, 2008,
Quote by Phazer
yep definately desperate my good man. most guys are desperate for a woman at some point. especially if you live in canada

What the hell are you talking about? Canada has TONS of attractive women?
Be cool.
To be honest, I don't think I could.

I could date her, but I could never really connect with her, just because I'm that into music. All of my girlfriends have had musical tastes at least similar to mine.

That and the communication sure would be tough, though it could be worked through.
well, my approach wouldnt work, It involves a guitar, various chords, and lyrics...., not to mention sound
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Probably not, unless I knew her before she went deaf or something....

Same goes for the blind thing.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by NotAGuitarHero
I can already kind of sign, though I haven't really learned too much. I know simple phrases. If the girl that is deaf is the kind of girl I'm interested in, then I'd without a doubt date her.

The only possible problem I could see would be that being the romantic I am, and the idiot that I am, I'd probably end up writing her a love song although I think it'd be pretty damn romantic to stand up on stage in front of hundreds of people, and sing/sign my love for my girlfriend.

Just write her a poem man, then she can read it.

And a tip for you. It's not at all romantic to sing to a girl infront of hundreds of people. If your song sucks she'll think you're a freak. Sing it to her alone, it'll seem more romantic anyway and you can get instant pussy at the end of it!
Quote by thedude051
What the hell are you talking about? Canada has TONS of attractive women?

then you are in luck!!
Quote by brandon369852
Sounds lovely.

For a romantic comedy it is!
Quote by SteveHouse
Page 1 of 5