I've been playing acoustic for about 10 months now, I mostly play chord progressions and some easy riffs. I'm currently trying to play some of solos but strings are a bit hard to push down when it's close to the body.

1. I want to play some solos, when is a good time for me to make the switch?
2. Do I need to master some specific skills on the acoustic before moving on?
3. If I go to the guitar store, do I just play my chord progressions to test the guitars or should I learn some easy electric guitar licks on my acoustic first before shopping?
Now is a good time. Playing more acoustic will build more hand strength, making playing electric guitar easier (usually).
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by noah22791
Now is a good time. Playing more acoustic will build more hand strength, making playing electric guitar easier (usually).

i agree.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
i agrree too acoustic will help with your electric playing, although you could make the switch now and play both. i play my acoustic about 2 out of five times i play guitar. also if your going to buy an electric you SHOULD DEFINETELY learn some easy licks first......nothing says nood like loud sloppy distorted major chords, plus you wont be able to really make a good choice if all you hear is noise...........
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
yea...now is def a good time. i had a cheap acoustic from a pawn shop and never really used it so i just got a nice electric and learned on that which was a BIG mistake. its always better to start on acoustic and build the hand strength.