I'm looking for a Bugera head. I'll be playing post-hardcore. I need really warm cleans and something with a punch for the leads. It has to handle low-high really well; something that'll bring out some technical leads, but still be able to handle some low breaks.

Music style is... like...

The Fall of Troy/Circle Takes the Square/Hot Cross

I've pretty much narrowed it down to either the 333, the 6262, or the 6260.

I really don't know which of these would be the best.

I don't need a crunch channel really, but whatever.

Any suggestions/ideas?
Last edited by pint07 at Aug 18, 2008,
Quote by pint07
I'm looking for a Bugera head. I'll be playing post-hardcore. I need really warm cleans and something with a punch for the leads. It has to handle low-high really well; something that'll bring out some technical leads, but still be able to handle a low breaks.

Music style is... like...

The Fall of Troy/Circle Takes the Square/Hot Cross

I've pretty much narrowed it down to either the 333, the 6262, or the 6260.

I really don't know which of these would be the best.

I'm guessing the 3 channels on the 333 takes away from it's tone. But I don't know that for sure. I won't need a "crunch" channel.

Any suggestions/ideas?
When I bought mine (333XL Halfstack), I played both the 6262 and 333XL heads on the same cabinet and I liked the 333XL way better. It sounded much tighter than the 6262, which I thought sounded loose and sloppy.
the 6260 is the only one I've not heard any reliability issues with, and it's the best sounding one IMO judging from clips and friends amps. At least for the modern metal/core tones. I have a good friend in a metal band that got the 6260, and it kicked ass for the price and what he wanted it for. He played a few shows with it, and was really impressed, along with getting compliments on his tone. Recently sold it to try the 333XL, and was very disappointed in it for the br00talz. According to him, lacks some of the lowend punch, and starts to get "clicky" as you try to get that high end sizzle. He's already looking for another 6260. He said it was noisier than his 6260, and the built in noise gate was pretty crappy. He owns an NS2, Hush pedal, and ISP Pro RackG for comparison. He's mainly a rhythm player in a tech death metal band however, so not sure on it's potential for leads. He liked it fine for tech riffs, and the heavy chug laid a beatdown on the 333XL. I didn't get to hear his 333XL in person, but his 6260 sounded great.

I am a bit biased too however, never really cared for the JSX for modern metal tones either, sure great lead players amp, but the voicing just never did it for me for the heavy stuff at all. I have quite a few friends that bought them with that intention, and they were all disappointed after a while.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
the 6260 is the only one I've not heard any reliability issues with, and it's the best sounding one IMO judging from clips and friends amps. At least for the modern metal/core tones. I have a good friend in a metal band that got the 6260, and it kicked ass for the price and what he wanted it for. He played a few shows with it, and was really impressed, along with getting compliments on his tone. Recently sold it to try the 333XL, and was very disappointed in it for the br00talz. According to him, lacks some of the lowend punch, and starts to get "clicky" as you try to get that high end sizzle. He's already looking for another 6260. He said it was noisier than his 6260, and the built in noise gate was pretty crappy. He owns an NS2, Hush pedal, and ISP Pro RackG for comparison. He's mainly a rhythm player in a tech death metal band however, so not sure on it's potential for leads. He liked it fine for tech riffs, and the heavy chug laid a beatdown on the 333XL. I didn't get to hear his 333XL in person, but his 6260 sounded great.

I am a bit biased too however, never really cared for the JSX for modern metal tones either, sure great lead players amp, but the voicing just never did it for me for the heavy stuff at all. I have quite a few friends that bought them with that intention, and they were all disappointed after a while.

that actually helps alot.

i wish there was someone or somewhere around me that had one so I could go try one out, but there'se not. So i'm pretty much going on all the opinions i get from here and from other places i can find (not many).
Quote by pint07
I'm gonna keep this somewhat bumped until I get a few more opinions.

I'm guessing there aren't too many Bugera users quite yet, so yeah, I apologize in advance for the multiple posts.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=845438&highlight=bugera
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Quote by whiteraven119
When I bought mine (333XL Halfstack), I played both the 6262 and 333XL heads on the same cabinet and I liked the 333XL way better. It sounded much tighter than the 6262, which I thought sounded loose and sloppy.

I agree here. Cool thing with the 333XL are the XL switches. Engaged, they bring out the resonant frequency of your cab. I had a 6262 as well, although nice, not as much depth and bit looser in the low end.
Another cool feature is the master gain which you can crank and then adjust how "hard" eack channel hits it up front. The clean channel has TONS of headroom and all three channels take effects very well.