Quote by ObliviousEnd
Im am stuck between a mesa or peavey head,its between JSX head or stiletto any suggestions?

I suggest the JSX. It's super versatile. But depending on your style of music. You might like the Mesa better, I don't know.
They're both great. You don't give nearly enough information for anyone to really help you though.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Well I play progressive/thrash metal and need a good gigging half stack.I need something with nice acoustic and a nice set of distortion,im going to be running a kickass dean guitar through it .
The JSX is quite versatile as previously stated but the Stiletto is a pretty good amp, and was one of the better Mesa amps I have tried. Still, the EL84 type tone will probably not suit your needs so look into something like the JSX, or if you feel in the Mesa mood, a Mark IV.

IncuEdit: Oh and try them both, you won't know until you do and never buy an amp without trying it first.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
The JSX just seems to have the best lead tone I've heard. But I mean its all opinion. Maybe I just like the same kinda lead joe wanted to create. I'm a mesa guy too. I've always wanted a triple rec and played with guys that had them and always liked them. I sold the JSX because I was an idiot. Now I got a bugera 333xl which is based off of it and sounds pretty similar but i plan on buying another jsx.
oh ill sell you my peavey 6505 if you are interested. I've grown to hate that thing. its in mint condition but that kinda tone just doesn't interest me anymore.
The mesa is gonna a an extremely loose lowend so if your looking for tight fast riffs it might not be the amp for you. My vote is for the JSX, tight and versatile and call pull off almost anything.
I'd go with thr jsx. Great amp. very versatile and a killer lead tone. However the stilletto is a great amp to. you may want to get an OD to tighten it up if you get it.
The Mesa would be better for thrash.

The JSX will be better for prog.

I personally prefer the Mesa. The JSX is a bit to clean for my tastes, although I like it a lot.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I personally like the Stiletto better. Go listen to Between the Buried and Me's new cd, their tone is orgasmic on that and they both use stilettos(well sometimes).
Quote by ObliviousEnd
I've played the jsx and lvoed it,but im not sure,whats a good mesa for both thrash and prog?
Dual/Triple Recto?
Quote by whiteraven119
Dual/Triple Recto?

No. I would pass on any rectifier head. A 5150 will blow it out of the water. However, those mesa stilletos are great amps. Not as metal as a 5150 or JSX, but better tone.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
I suggest the JSX, I've played both but only own a JSX so thats why my opinion is where it is.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Mark IV,
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
A Mark 3/4 or a Rect/Trem-O-Verb are the best for the br00tz from Mesa imo.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
I like both these amps, and own a JSX. I like it better because the lowend is tighter and clearer. Also, it has more gain on tap than the Stiletto and doesn't need an overdrive pedal for more or tighter gain. It's a great amp because you can play jazz on the very, very clean channel, classic/hard rock and thrash on the crunch channel, and modern metalcore, prog, death metal on the ultra channel.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
The JSX is definatly more versatile, it is personally one of my favorite amps. (2nd favorite to be exact).
And no, you don't need a halfstack, no one does. You want a halfstack.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
well seeing as head cabs dont make sound i suggest you buy a cabnet lol...id go with the mesa though
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by alienboy18241
The JSX is definatly more versatile, it is personally one of my favorite amps. (2nd favorite to be exact).
And no, you don't need a halfstack, no one does. You want a halfstack.
Some of us prefer the fullness and smoothness that 4x12 provides, though. I did, so I went with the halfstack version of my amp instead of the 2x12 combo.
Quote by Explorer125
I suggest the JSX. It's super versatile. But depending on your style of music. You might like the Mesa better, I don't know.

did you really need to quote his question concidering its the hole point of the thread lol, and your first.
Quote by jkielq91
did you really need to quote his question concidering its the hole point of the thread lol, and your first.

Did you really need to bump a 3 month old thread?
I've played both and much prefer the Stiletto, in all categories except for maybe blues and rock.

Edit: Nevermind, this is old.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X