so im looking for a new amp and ive got about 300 to spend. i play alternative rock and i have a gibson sg custom and a gibson les paul special. any suggestions?
I would sell the SG (Personally) and buy a good amp. But, you could MAYBE find a classic 30 for that, used. Also check out a Crate V33, they are going for CHEAP
mostly just small gigs. like less then 50 people. i dont want to sell either cause i love both of them. vintage sg <3 and les paul special i got for cheap.

im currently a rythem guitarist in my band if thats what you meant by playing styles.
if you have a nice guitar, its not worth it to spend $300 on a subpar amp.
i really want a crate v50 but they are out of stock EVERYWHERE. and i cant wait another month for it, gig coming up soon.

my friend offered me a fender frontman 212r 100w and a dunlop crybaby 535q for 300. would that be a good deal?
NO!
The V50's aren't quite as good as the 18 and 33 watt ones, from what I've heard.
I think they sound much more American. The 33watt should be enough. Order it online if you have to.
its out of stock online at gc and mf where else is a good place to buy it? they dont even have it instock at my local stores.
READ MAAAA SIGGGGG

*read below*
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
READ MAAAA SIGGGGG

*read below*

did you read the thread? ive answered all of that.
"used amp $300" would be a better way to look at this dilemma. Peavey Classic 30, Crate Vintage Club 3112 or 5112, maybe a great amp yet to be mentioned? Check your local craigslist man, there is a lot of great gear listed daily. Good luck, don't be limited in your search, try a bunch of stuff out. Good luck.
get a valveking?
all tube 300$...

personally I don't like the sound of them... but with that kind of budget...well beggars can't be choosers, lol.

or maybe a used B-52 at112, I love mine, but once again some people don't. really comes down to preference. And maybe check craigslist if your in an area that has it, you might get lucky and find something
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
yeah, unless you need like super clean metal and effects in a Solid State option do what these guys are suggesting...which is primarily used gear depending on what you can find.

ps..i have a frontman and a valveking

yeah i browse my local cl 24/7 and there arent to many great deals on amps. no valvekings, no crate v's, no b-52s, no classic 30s. no anything really
Quote by Mayonaise 812
yeah i browse my local cl 24/7 and there arent to many great deals on amps. no valvekings, no crate v's, no b-52s, no classic 30s. no anything really

Just stay at it. There is no reason not to be patient when you are spending money on good gear you will appreciate. Especially for a price you will feel good about. VK's go for $225-275, CL30's $300-350. V's? why buy used? the new ones are actually less, go figure... But there is usually some good stuff out there. I saw an Ampeg Jet 20 watt'r for $325, almost drove to STL for that one. Don't limit yourself in what you look at and. Just. Be. Patient...
try out the new peavey vypyr 112

its got a bunch of efx. can keep up with drums at practice or small gig
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
try out the new peavey vypyr 112

its got a bunch of efx. can keep up with drums at practice or small gig

Have you played one? Seriously. If so, can you find the big Vypyr thread and post your thoughts? We are very curious. (sorry if you already did)

TS - not a bad option either. Again, used may be the way...just keep watching. You'd be surprised how quickly things turn. Also check out the UG Classified section for gear.

good luck mang,
I played. the vypyr the other day. It had a LOT of effects and amp models but it was a bit confusing. I thought the gain sounded terrible. I didn't actually try the clean channel.