I'm getting bored jamming in my room to Coheed and Cambria... I want to play with others. I have the gear, money, transportation, dedication, and the passion, but I'm worried I'm going to go play with a band, tense up because of nerves, stink up the place and get laughed at. It might just be that I'm not confident yet. Do you have any advice? I practice daily either until my hand cramps or until my fingers bleed.
Quote by drewfromutah
I'm getting bored jamming in my room to Coheed and Cambria... I want to play with others. I have the gear, money, transportation, dedication, and the passion, but I'm worried I'm going to go play with a band, tense up because of nerves, stink up the place and get laughed at. It might just be that I'm not confident yet. Do you have any advice? I practice daily either until my hand cramps or until my fingers bleed.

it takes balls to walk into a room with a bunch of other guys and jam with them. confidence is one of those things that just come to you, the more you jam with someone the easier it becomes.
Quote by ShredGod George
start with some of your friends first?

That would be ideal, the problem is I only have one musically inclined friend and he just flakes out any time I try to jam with him
Quote by drewfromutah
That would be ideal, the problem is I only have one musically inclined friend and he just flakes out any time I try to jam with him

ohh, sucks man, i started with jamming, then bands
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Why not try an open mic night? You could look up one near you and play there, maybe that would give you the confidence to play in a band. I remember that I was so nervous playing for anyone but going to jam nights just made my confidence expload in lots of ways including outside of my guitar playing. I really reccomend it.
just commit! go for it. most bands will want you to jam with them before they take you. so just go in there and have a good time.

the open mic night sounds like a good idea.
Just gotta be confident, man. You gotta be confident to be a good player. You could be the greatest guitarist ever but if you're not confident then it doesn't matter. Jamming helps.
Quote by Wilma Fingerdo
Regret is a waste of time, coulda, woulda shoulda. Don't bother with it, and so what if you didn't nail her. Hump one of her friends and you'll feel much better.
atm i just play in a 2 man band, me doing guitar and singing my friend playing bass, so shredgog george was pretty mucuh right so i would actually be happy to be in a full band