so my band just got a singer, he has a decent deep growl and a pretty good scream. Our music isn't really heavy and i dont know if the deep grows would sound good with the music.

So pretty much what im asking is for someone to listen to his vocals and our music and tell me what they think...quite a hefty request, so if you have music or something you would like me to check out i will do so gladly.

A sample of his vocals...he was singing for his cousins band or something:
http://boomp3.com/listen/bzlctnfwv_t/deliverance

My band:
www.myspace.com/wailsofthedamned
He sounds Just like Randy Blithe from lamb of god, It's pretty good bro. Depending on your music, I'd definatley go with this guy.
Schecter Synyster custom

Washburn custom ( I remodeled)

Yamaha custom

VOX AC-30

Crate GFX-130-c

Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

How many vegetarians does it take to eat a cow?

One if no one is looking.
Quote by korn klown 14
He sounds Just like Randy Blithe from lamb of god, It's pretty good bro. Depending on your music, I'd definatley go with this guy.

thats exactly what i said when i heard him...he already asked to do Ruin by Lamb of God song, so knowing that he sounds pretty damn close, i didnt have a problem with it, plus Ruin is a bad ass song.
Dude to be honest, your bands music needs some more work to incorporate that kind of vocalist. The guitars need to be more clean, and turn down the gain you don't need so much, over saturation. The drums are two extremes, they will go from slow, to fast, slow, fast, It doesn't fit the mood of the song. Just some constructive critisim man, don't take as me being a jerk.
Schecter Synyster custom

Yamaha custom

VOX AC-30

Crate GFX-130-c

Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

Quote by korn klown 14
Dude to be honest, your bands music needs some more work to incorporate that kind of vocalist. The guitars need to be more clean, and turn down the gain you don't need so much, over saturation. The drums are two extremes, they will go from slow, to fast, slow, fast, It doesn't fit the mood of the song. Just some constructive critisim man, don't take as me being a jerk.

i know how to take constructive criticism...and i appreciate it...the tone problem is because of crappy gear and lame recordings, and its in the process of being fixed. The drums...i know there a little bit crazy, but i dont really feel like being a dick to my drummer and tell to play the same beat over and over.

we would also like to have clean vocals...i dont think i could take all the growling 24/7...we were also thinking about adding female vocals...
I'm not talking about tone, or about being crazy. My drummer is crazy but hes a controlled crazy. I think you drummer might have missed some key steps in developing good drum technique, and I was talking about the riffs and songs. They need more development, tone is something that comes way later.
Schecter Synyster custom

Yamaha custom

VOX AC-30

Crate GFX-130-c

Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

Quote by korn klown 14
I'm not talking about tone, or about being crazy. My drummer is crazy but hes a controlled crazy. I think you drummer might have missed some key steps in developing good drum technique, and I was talking about the riffs and songs. They need more development, tone is something that comes way later.

gotcha...thats a little bit more harsh...but still fair. i will admit some of the stuff we have written is pretty weak and in need of fixing.
Biased opinion alert: With the exception of Cathedral's Lee Dorian, I have nevered liked any growled vocals. Ever. I think it ruins songs and rapes little ponies.

That being said, I don't think his vocals and your music are compatible. It seems like clean vocals would go better with your stuff. I'm thinking Wino type vox. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpVUMuLLqug
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.