Yep, another strat pickup thread. But I've read alot of the other ones and I've taken some opinions from them and done alot of other research.

I have a "Woodstock Strat" and I don't really like the way it sounds. I made the HUGE mistake of buying for how it looked. I might get a rosewood neck for it sometime in the future, but not now. I want new pickups. I listen to alot of Stevie Ray Vaughan and John Mayer and Jimi Hendrix. I've heard good and bad things about the Texas Specials. In a perfect world I would buy a set of the Big Dippers that come in the John Mayer signature strat, but I can't find those anywhere because they only come in the guitar. Thoughts?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

I would play this guitar through a Blues Junior, Deluxe Reverb, and Ceriatone Plexi.

Who are these mystical folk of whom you speak?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

a slightly cheaper option than rockmonkey pickups (which ive heard nothing but glowing reviews about) is bg pickups. ive got a set of the V60s and they are fantastic. not overly expensive for a set of handwound pickups and i love them. of course if you want to pay more you can get something that is probably better, but for the price i dont see anything beating them.
I'm really looking for a hot output Texas Bluesy sound. If possible I'd like a slightly scooped midrange to glass up the highs and tighten up the lows. But I don't want Texas Specials. I've heard they're pretty mediocre as well as being overpriced. If that helps your recommendations....
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by forsaknazrael
PM CorduroyEW, with details on what you want. He'll be able ascertain what would be good for you.
+1. My Strat pickup set from him was custom wound for me and sounds awesome. Well, i'm missing the last pickup (lack of money)... But basically I will have John Mayer tone on the neck + middle pups, and Hendrix bridge. And not like the Fender imitations that use incorrect wire and such, they're actually almost 100% replicas.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.