New Gear Day! I've been saving up for this baby for ever!

This is sort of a review as well, first off the thing is built extremely solid and very easy to get going and work your away around, some features are a separate EQ for both clean and crunch/lead, there is a "shift" button which is used to cut your mids, a deep button, and your other basics (reverb, presence, eq, etc). It comes with a simple foot switch switching between all three channels plus FX loop and toggle able reverb.

First the cleans are amazing, great clarity and have amazing sustain (even on lower quality guitars), especially with the toggle able reverb these cleans are brilliant. I haven't even used my chorus or delay on them yet and they sound like gospels. For the crunch it's the signature Marshall crunch but different, most people know Marshall for that classic rock tone, but this amp is pretty heavy, not saying it would match up to an ENGL, or Mesa or anything, but I'm saying the bottom end is here, unlike most Marshall's where the high end shines and the bottom end is not noticeable. Especially with the Vintage 30's, the bottom end has a **** load of umph. Honestly I can't even get a light tone out of the amp as easy as most Marshall's would be able to, it's a pretty heavy amp.

As for the wattage it's perfect, 100 watts is overkill, I find the 60 watts perfect because it's crank able and you can get good distortion at bed room levels (well not entirely but still pretty decent).

Overall this amp is great, I prefer it over the TSL series because of the higher end sound that's all gritty, the DSL series is more bottom end. I won't upload any sound clips because I only have a piece of **** mic, as for the pictures, I only have one before I threw my camera in frustration (it keeps saying low battery, even though I went out and bought some fresh out of the package, and turning off, I tried over 20 batteries on it).

Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Sexy!!!!!!!

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
Total of about 2700 Canadian with taxes, but I got him to throw in a couple cables and an EQ pedal for free .
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

I might go rent out a condenser mic tomorrow to prove that the TSL ain't as muddy as people say.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by DSchmitty
I might go rent out a condenser mic tomorrow to prove that the TSL ain't as muddy as people say.
Most of that comes from bad cab matching. Of course it's not a SUPER DOOPER AWESOME BE ALL AND END ALL amp but it's decent.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Thanks guys, yeah what I meant is that I find people talking to much about the TSL and DSL, when really they sound pretty much the same with the 1960a cab, I actually find the TSL to be more tighter and not as muddy as the DSL with a good EQ.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by DSchmitty
Thanks guys, yeah what I meant is that I find people talking to much about the TSL and DSL, when really they sound pretty much the same with the 1960a cab, I actually find the TSL to be more tighter and not as muddy as the DSL with a good EQ.

Really? I found the exact opposite, hence I own a DSL now. Using a boost and v30s will get you far. I use the midgain settings and boost it for high gain, it sounds really really raw and kick ass.
I feel the same way lmao with my TSL, It's pretty much up to the person to get a good setting, have good speakers and have a good EQ set up.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by DSchmitty

It isn't muddy. Sure you can make it muddy by eqing like a retard.

It's a great amp! I love my TSL100 and gig regularly with it. The only problem I have is the damn footswitch. I have no clue why Marshall would make such an awesome amp with such a ****ty footswitch.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I have no problems with my footswitch :S lmao, it works pretty good for me, what do you mean by that?
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

I also have a TSL60 but its the 1x12 combo.

I managed to get it brand new on sale for $1365 (including shipping) AUD last year.

If i end up needing a cab for it i tink one iwth vintage 30's would be good.

Is it worth paying the extra for a 1960a cab, or could i just get a randall or similar cab with V30's in it? Same speakers same sound right?
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Last edited by Leper_Messiah_ at Aug 18, 2008,
give it some time. The footswtiches have a bad reputation.

mine does not allow me to use reverb or the effects loop right now.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I love the foot switch because it give you more control over most footswitches, as for the cab question, same speakers can sound similar but the cab build can be crap, IMO don't buy a cab for a tube amp under 500 bucks because they will most likely be crap (I mean 4x12's), I would advise you to save up for a 1960a, they are on of the best cabs out there.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

i just picked up a TSL60 (congrats on the purchase BTW). I bought an avatar 4x12 with celestion seventy 80s in it... the speakers get a bad rep and so does the head... together, I think they sound ridiculous. I can't wait to get home today and jam some more .
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology