Page 1 of 2
If you had to lose one sense what would it be? I think I'd go for smell because then I wouldn't have to smell crap and other bad smelling stuff anymore, but without smell I'd never know if the gas is on, so maybe taste.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Quote by metaldud536
Spidey

i'd have to go with smell or taste, probably smell
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
Taste, definitely. Without sight, I would no longer be able to watch the movies that I love, and concerts would be out of the question. Without hearing, I would no longer be able to listen to music, let alone play it. Without feeling, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the warmth of a hug, a warm blanket on a cold night, or a good old-fashioned f*ck. Without scent, I wouldn't be able to smell the things I enjoy.

Taste is really the only sense you don't actually need in order to survive. You can smell sour milk before you can taste it, just as you smell sh*t before you stick it in your mouth. All other senses are extremely important to human living.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
smell since mine's almost completely gone anyways
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by LazySandman
smell since mine's almost completely gone anyways

How?

And taste probably. Even though I like tasting things.
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
smell because I always have a stuffy nose so I dont smell things much anyway(damn you pool cleaners who put to much chlorine
I'd go with taste because you need the sense of smell to taste at full capacity anyway and you'd be crazy to pick any of the other 3.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
my sixth one haha
Quote by Aaron the 4th
GAYS...we don't hate that your gay we hate that your proud of it
Beat me to it, black flag! Totally common sense, because tons of people prove to me daily that you can do just fine without that particular sense.

Staying on-tpoic, probably taste.
Classifieds mod said this didn't count as trying to sell anything, I'll say it here:

If you're looking to be able to take credit cards in-person (not over the internet where paypal will work), pm me and I can hook you up with the stuff you need.
While I might regret the choice in the future, I'd have to say taste, and if not taste, smell. They are the two types of senses that are not used for any type of interpersonal communication, save for a few small exceptions.

I'd say taste first because it isn't really used for anything other than purely epicurean pleasure. It would be a tough decision, but I would rather keep my other senses.

I would certainly, beyond a shadow of a doubt, NEVER give up my sense of touch, Touch is practically three senses in one. You can see with touch- blind people touching faces to see what someone looks like; you can use it to hear- turning speakers face down on the floor to get the vibrations.

Haptics changed my entire way of thinking and interacting.

That being said, I'm a very sensory person. I consider the five senses to be my assurance that I am alive; that I exist and so do you. I value every sense and I use them fully. Sensory meditation and sensory deprivation therapy are immensely wonderful.
Last edited by skeptopotamus at Aug 18, 2008,
Taste, for sure. It wouldn't really affect your life that much unless someone was like "OMG THIS TASTES SO GOOD, TRY IT!" and you'd have to explain that you have no sense of taste.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Taste. I already don't enjoy the taste of good or bad food. Food is food to me. Eat when I am hungry, eat to stay alive.
All my friends are Imaginary

"There was much of the beautiful,
much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible,
and not a little of that which might have excited disgust"

Swan Song
A Story by the Earl of Slander
Taste. I don't want to lose Smell because then when I fart I can't enjoy the own odor I create.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
if i had to loose a sense, id have to go with common sense.
without common sense, im still normal, just blonde
i would want my ability to talk, think about how easy it would be, you wouldnt have to answer any questions in your class anymore and people would feel sorry for you so you would become popular easily and then since life is a popularity contest you win.
Quote by Aussieloco
The ability to see dead people.

god damn you....
Quote by Silentnight66
Because this thread has Hitler and being hyper in it here's the fact of the day. Hitler was a meth addict.
Smell and taste are the same thing...if you don't have a sense of smell, you can't taste anything...
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
Quote by Blitzraptor007
Smell and taste are the same thing...if you don't have a sense of smell, you can't taste anything...

On the contrary, taste detects texture and flavours such as sweet, salty, bitter, etc. Smell detects the aroma and what many people refer to as taste.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
On the contrary, taste detects texture and flavours such as sweet, salty, bitter, etc. Smell detects the aroma and what many people refer to as taste.
You good sir, have enlightened me...now i will cure cancer with this new knowledge
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Taste because smell detects the good flavours.

,,,,anyone else realize that made no sense?
Quote by kaosfire
,,,,anyone else realize that made no sense?

Aroma > Bitterness, Sweetness, Saltiness, etc.

Quote by Blitzraptor007
You good sir, have enlightened me...now i will cure cancer with this new knowledge

"The salty taste of your tumor indicates that it is in fact benign."
I'd say taste. That way even though I can't smell it i can still enjoy good food.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Smell or taste. But I'm gonna have to go with smell.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
I'm already a smoker so... taste.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Sight, if not for my love of art.
Sound, if not for my love of music.
Taste, if not for my love of food.
Loosing touch would just make life way too complicated..

So smell, i guess. But that would also ruin food..

I'm totally screwed i can't decide :/
Page 1 of 2