Times are changing, for some of us we are going to school or meeting the challenges of growing up and this is a very symbolic period of the year. So what are the songs that you listen to at this time of the year? If you were to make a CD collection of songs for this time of the year what would the songs be?
Mine:
Boys Of Summer- by The Eagles, or by The Ataries
End Of The Summer- Theory Of A Deadman
Summer Skin- Death Cab For Cutie
Thoughtless Innuendos- Kevin Martin & The Hiwatts
Brothers On A Hotel Bed- Death Cab For Cutie
Wake Me Up When September Ends- Green Day
Everything Changes- Staind
Miss You- Candlebox
Last Goodbye- Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Nothing Stays- Silvertide
Good Times Gone- Nickelback
The Crow & The Butterfly- Shinedown
Photograph- Nickelback
Just Killing Time- BLS
In This River- BLS
Second Chance- Shinedown
So Far Away- Staind
It's The Only One You've Got- 3 Doors Down
Thank You- Hellyeah
Good Riddance- Green Day
I listen to what I listen to all the time, The list is too big so here is the artists
The Who, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Offspring, Nirvana, Boston, The Beatles, David Bowie, The Doors, Iron Maiden, Animals, Metallica, NIN, Queen, Rolling Stones, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Deep Purple. And whoever else I feel like listening to
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Summer's Almost Gone by The Doors. I'm pretty much listening to that CD (Waiting for the Sun) and anything Pink Floyd (except The Final Cut and the Gilmour-led albums. Yuck!) Going off to college for my second try at it, and this time I'm taking it seriously. I'm even housing in the dorms and am looking forward to meeting new people. Its a definite time of change for me.
I like school.

"Over The Hills And Far Away" Led Zeppelin (Its ALWAYS the right time for that one)
"The Song Remains The Same" Led Zeppelin (Feels right to me at least)
"Kool Thing" Sonic Youth (When im around all the people I hate again)

Thats all I can think of.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
Lux Aeturna - Clint Mansell, the uber-dramatic theme they play in a lot of movie trailers.

'Cause a storm's a-brewing, and it's named Old Man Winter.
For me, my the music I listen to matches with certain seasons. As summer ends, I stop listening to feel good music (G. Love and the Special Sauce), ska (Less Than Jake), and punk (Rancid), and I start to listen to more acoustic rock like Early November and I Can Make a Mess Like Nobody's business. But thats just me....I'm weird.
summer of 69 - bryan adams, cuz it is about a great summer he had and then he has to grow up
Yeah, I pretty much listen to what I normally listen to, the time of the year doesn't mean much to me. Also...

Quote by Dionietzsche
Summer's Almost Gone by The Doors. I'm pretty much listening to that CD (Waiting for the Sun) and anything Pink Floyd (except The Final Cut and the Gilmour-led albums. Yuck!) Going off to college for my second try at it, and this time I'm taking it seriously. I'm even housing in the dorms and am looking forward to meeting new people. Its a definite time of change for me.
The Final Cut is awesome, man, give it another shot.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Fly away - Lenny Kravitz
Southtown - P.O.D.
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Quote by Just Andrew
Yeah, I pretty much listen to what I normally listen to, the time of the year doesn't mean much to me. Also...

this one of my favorite albums. Division bell isn't bad either, I swear the lives of my children on it. The best track on Momentary Lapse of reason is Sorrow though, but division bell is a good album in my opinion.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
can't repeat- the offspring

i think thats a great "oh ****, i'm growing up" song
Quote by DeadMeadow
You seriously need to get your dog a playmate.. either another dog or your hand cause thats gotta be hard on your animal... you every try masturbating with your nose?
Quote by Just Andrew

I should, I didn't even listen to it all the way through. I admit that some of the orchestration was quite amazing, but I couldn't stand how pretentious and pseudo-compassionate the lyrics were. Once it got to that song about kids in Beirut I pulled the CD out of my player and threw it on the floor of my car (don't worry, it was a burnt copy).
Quote by droog4life
can't repeat- the offspring

i think thats a great "oh ****, i'm growing up" song

that one's good and also The Kids Aren't All Right is good by them
Summer Wind - Frank Sinatra
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Freebird, mostly the beginning part though.
Tuesday's Gone's a pretty good one too.
I remember last year on the last day of summer someone played "School's Out" on the radio.
The good times are killing me- modest mouse

summersong by the decemberists is always good
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
I'd definatly go with Ten Years Gone by Led Zeppelin if you were to just listen to the lyrics, it's talking about time going by so fast but then again you enjoy what happens in between which is just like summer am I right?