Page 1 of 2
Well pretty much my whole school knows I play guitar, since I'm in a band and all. This mysterious kid thats a freshman always comes up to me and asks hey how long have you been playin, what songs can you play, things like that to judge my skill level. Obviously he plays guitar as well as he asks me things like do you have an American Stratocaster or Mexican Made Stratocaster, yet he never admits it. I was just wondering if any of you guys have these "closet guitarists"
Challenge him to a play-off. It's the only way.

YOU MUST BECOME ALL POWERFUL.
he's probably just trying to make a new friend.
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Quote by Picker179414
I shall, and suck his guitar playing powers to me MWAHAHAHHAHA.

*force drain* YOUR SCALE KNOWLEDGE SHALL BE MIIIIINE!!
My brother-in-law. When I was down in the States, I took him with me to get some strings and he was playing this great lick on an acoustic, but he has never admitted to ever learning or playing the guitar.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by monkeysintheday
Guitar Battle, With or Without souls at stake

Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by Picker179414
I shall, and suck his guitar playing powers to me MWAHAHAHHAHA.

Good choice, souls?

EDIT:

^ exactly what I was thinking
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by Hyneken
he's probably just trying to make a new friend.

Maybe, I'm not mean to him hes actually a nice guy.
I'm somewhat of a closet guitarist. I never talk about playing guitar in fear of being a gigantic dick with my huge ego. I played the talent show at my school back in June and everyone was asking (before the show) if we were good... so I said yes, we are awesome, when in fact the act kind of sucked and the song was even worse. Oh well
Quote by RPGoof
I'm somewhat of a closet guitarist. I never talk about playing guitar in fear of being a gigantic dick with my huge ego. I played the talent show at my school back in June and everyone was asking (before the show) if we were good... so I said yes, we are awesome, when in fact the act kind of sucked and the song was even worse. Oh well

Yeah, some guitarists have a tendency to be over ego-ed dicks, for example theres this guy that plays guitar for this "Punk-Rock" band, we kinda don't like each other you see I call him a mediocore guitarist that plays powerchords and he calls me an old fart that plays blues licks.
Theres this one asian dude and looks like a complete looser and my friend Patrick told me he's in his band and i was like "lolwut?" and the kid came over to me and patrick picked up my friends acoustic and started ripping out some amazing sweeps and leads, put the acoustic down and said in all seriousness "Sorry, Im not the best" and i just said back to him " "
Quote by Cryptorchild
Theres this one asian dude and looks like a complete looser and my friend Patrick told me he's in his band and i was like "lolwut?" and the kid came over to me and patrick picked up my friends acoustic and started ripping out some amazing sweeps and leads, put the acoustic down and said in all seriousness "Sorry, Im not the best" and i just said back to him " "

is a word?
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by monkeysintheday
is a word?

yes, yes it is
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
Quote by foob85

i wouldnt do that, the kids skill is a variable, he's unknown. he'll probably play Eruption with his c0ck or something and then TS will be like "oh noooooooooooes" as his souls is sucked into the vortex and his head explodes and grows back as a pineapple and then then the kid has a Quickening and becomes a forty foot tall minotaur and starts shredding the fvck out of the city and the cops cant shoot him because he's deflecting all the bullets with hes shreddage skills and then he'll be all like "OH HELLLLLSSXZZZZZZ YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH"

and thats what will happen
Quote by mr_hacksaw
i wouldnt do that, the kids skill is a variable, he's unknown. he'll probably play Eruption with his c0ck or something and then TS will be like "oh noooooooooooes" as his souls is sucked into the vortex and his head explodes and grows back as a pineapple and then then the kid has a Quickening and becomes a forty foot tall minotaur and starts shredding the fvck out of the city and the cops cant shoot him because he's deflecting all the bullets with hes shreddage skills and then he'll be all like "OH HELLLLLSSXZZZZZZ YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH"

LOL that was random as f*** but still funny
Quote by mr_hacksaw

i believe it.

that would actually make a pretty badass movie!

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Ask him a question back... maybe?

Invite him to jam?

It sounds like he's asking you stuff and you reply and then just stare at him until he runs away and cries.

That's no good.
Quote by Sharck
Ask him a question back... maybe?

Invite him to jam?

It sounds like he's asking you stuff and you reply and then just stare at him until he runs away and cries.

That's no good.

I do, I ask him if he plays he always tells me he "doesn't his dad plays" its usually an oh... and he kinda awkwardly walks away. Maybe I will ask him to come over with "his dad's gear"
Quote by mr_hacksaw

/thread
lol, his dad probly has like a marshall stack and sweet gibby or something, cause my spidey sense it telling me hes lerning from his dad and he doesnt want to go around showing everyone cause he thinks it sucks. bring a acoustic guitar to school one day and show and let him play.
Quote by convictionless
NO just NO
NOW PLEASE GTFO

i laughed.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Just once I want to go to a large gathering or something with someone playing guitar, go, "Hey, can I see that?" And then pretend to teach myself guitar, much like in 2112 by Rush. I would start by playing the open strings, then fret a few notes, then play a chord, then a chord progression, then start slowly soloing until I'm shredding. Then I'd just look at my hands, go "Whoa!" and walk away.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
Just once I want to go to a large gathering or something with someone playing guitar, go, "Hey, can I see that?" And then pretend to teach myself guitar, much like in 2112 by Rush. I would start by playing the open strings, then fret a few notes, then play a chord, then a chord progression, then start slowly soloing until I'm shredding. Then I'd just look at my hands, go "Whoa!" and walk away.

i have been wanting to do that for like 6 years dude
Quote by Sonicxlover

Ya Ya Mon. Reminds of one time I was at my friends party and that same "Punk Rocker ass hole was strumming on his n33t p0w3r choards" So I basically snatch the guitar from him and play a solo, a random solo in the key of B, so hes all mad and embarrassed he storms off to the bathroom, and hated me from that moment on.
Quote by gunners fan

"yes he is ****ed! **** out of luck! Now I'm complete...." come on everyone, you know the words.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

I am I guess, me and a couple other friends are but we always talk about guitars when we are with each other
I'm a closet guitarist. A few of my mates know, but I mostly keep it quiet. The one time I revealed I do play at a Prefects gathering earlier this year, this other guy who's like the best guitarist in school (seriously, he's almost a young Yngwie) who hates me felt a need to school me. Since then, I've kept my mouth shut about it.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by kurt_cobain9
"yes he is ****ed! **** out of luck! Now I'm complete...." come on everyone, you know the words.

wrong song, i think you'll find it's "ROCK OOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN ON ON ON ON ON ON ON, this is not the greatest song in the world ....."
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Well you never answered my question. Is it an American or Mexican Strat?
Quote by Picker179414
Ya Ya Mon. Reminds of one time I was at my friends party and that same "Punk Rocker ass hole was strumming on his n33t p0w3r choards" So I basically snatch the guitar from him and play a solo, a random solo in the key of B, so hes all mad and embarrassed he storms off to the bathroom, and hated me from that moment on.

How does what I said remind you of that, or have anything to do with this? Did you just want to open your glorious mouth and suck your own dick?
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Me and my keyboardist friend are pretty much closet, mainly because if you play bass around here, no-one will care if you can play Jaco, playing the damned four notes over and over again (Ahem, Teen Spirit) is enough. Once, we invited a guitarist and a drummer to jam. Bad. We decided on some Floyd stuff, but no. Some chicks came to hear them play, so they insted played a ****ty RHCP song. Over and over again. Meh, if I even talk to them about some theory, they call me a nerd. They don't know a single kind of notation. That's actually one of the reasons why I switched to bass, and went on to form a band with my friend. Without guitars.
Last edited by SHEEM at Aug 18, 2008,
Quote by mr_hacksaw

I don't think Ive ever NOT laughed at one of your posts.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by mr_hacksaw

I lol'd @ Quickening.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I'm kinda one. Only my closest friends know that I play. And one kid who follows me and my jam buddy around all the time...
Quote by bdfs05
u got me

Quote by alyxmelia
your a sick young lady tbh
Quote by foob85

I don't know why, but that last line there actually made me burst out laughing
Page 1 of 2