i can finally sweep pick properly. i feel like i just boosted my self-esteem up a bit, lol. Now im thinking about what to learn. since im going back to school soon, i want to be ahead of the other guitarists. if anybody knows any songs where there are some good sweep-picking licks, or maybe some nice shredding that is not insanely hard please post them. or any nice solos that are melodic and nice. Any good arpeggios would also be nice.

thnx in advanced
Quote by BFMV fan
i can finally sweep pick properly. i feel like i just boosted my self-esteem up a bit, lol. Now im thinking about what to learn. since im going back to school soon, i want to be ahead of the other guitarists. if anybody knows any songs where there are some good sweep-picking licks, or maybe some nice shredding that is not insanely hard please post them. or any nice solos that are melodic and nice. Any good arpeggios would also be nice.

thnx in advanced

why not just work on how to make your own solos? being able to do that will probably get you ahead of most guitarists in high school. the ones i know all new these songs and solos but couldnt improvise to save their life. id be more impressed if you played a sweet solo you made up on the spot over something you've practicing for weeks or months.

that being said, since when is it a contest? just have fun. you shouldnt be playing music to be better than someone. you should do it to express yourself and because you love music. so working on making your own solos will help you in that area as well.

my $0.02
im sorry, im just very competitive, but yea your right, i will begin working on my improvisation by jamming to some chord progressions i like.(i should be able to make some stuff up)