anyone know where I can find actual fender mustang parts.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Well I have a Fender '71 Mustang in Sunburst and my friend has the reissue in Baby Blue with the Red pickguard, and honestly man you may wanna consider building a different guitar. Maybe just making something custom of your own? As much as I love my Mustang it really isn't worth building on your own. But to answer your question Ebay?
Well, I've heard great things and bad things about the mustang, but right now I'm playing a lot of various strats and though I love the strat, I just don't want to be stuck with that sort of image. I don't want to be known as the guitarist that only plays strats. They just seem a little different. plus they have those short scale necks which is what I like about Gibson guitars but I'm a total fender lover.

Quote by kurt_cobain9
and though I love the strat, I just don't want to be stuck with that sort of image. I don't want to be known as the guitarist that only plays strats.

Who cares what it looks like? It's all about how it plays and how you can make it sound.

If the best metal shredder in the world did so on the ugliest LP copy ever, would he be known as the the guy who plays ugly copies or would he simply be known as the best shredder?

You're screen name is Kurt Cobain, and you want a mustang because he had one, why try and make up excuses to try and prove to everyone that you need one?
My Sig Is Coming Soon
Quote by LarryTheSecond
Who cares what it looks like? It's all about how it plays and how you can make it sound.

If the best metal shredder in the world did so on the ugliest LP copy ever, would he be known as the the guy who plays ugly copies or would he simply be known as the best shredder?

You're screen name is Kurt Cobain, and you want a mustang because he had one, why try and make up excuses to try and prove to everyone that you need one?

not really. If I wanted a mustang just because Kurt played one, I would've got one a long time ago. Rather, I own a few strats, a tele, and a sg. I just want a guitar with a short scale neck and that is built by fender, mostly because I don't like the epiphones much and I can't afford a gibson. Not only that, but I still want to stick with a guitar that has a tremolo because it's part of my style. last and not least, I want to play something different and actually build it and make it my own.

so next time, don't step into a thread and try to tell someone why or why they do not want a certain guitar. it only makes you sound like a jack ass.

now, does anyone know, besides ebay, where I can get actual fender mustang parts? (except for pick ups. I have some already)

I would think, that to buy actual fender parts to build it, would be more expensive than just buying a mustang from a store. It also might be hard to find all the fender parts, google is friend, but if it didn't help too much you might have trouble.

I know warmoth has mustang parts, of course not fender, but it would fit the body.

But I could be all wrong.
angela and guitarpartsresource do genuine fender parts like that. I got an AVRI jazzmaster trem/ bridge from there...
Quote by kurt_cobain9
anyone know where I can find actual fender mustang parts.

try an airplane dealer, but it will be very expensive
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
thanks for the help guys.

Well, Ebay is probably going to be one of the best sources seeing as they're not the most popular guitars. I have a '78 Musicmaster which is basically the same thing as a Mustang except for one neck pickup, and parts are almost impossible to find for it. But make sure if you're going with a shorter scale to put heavier strings on it or it will sound kinda life less, as my Musicmaster does.

Oh yeah, theres an Ebay store called thestratosphere, run by a somebody with the Ebay tag reliablefender. They have loads of parts from most Fender made guitars and i'm pretty sure he has Mustang parts, and they're Genuine Fender (If that makes a difference to you)

Anywho, Good luck!

Cheers!
Surf Rock the World

'Shark Bait'
Coming soon.