Hey I was playing guitar today and later at a party, guitar hero. I started playing medium, which is forbidden grounds for me, and after playing that game, my left hand started hurting....I even held the controller in the semi-classical position. Well it's been about 6 hours since then, and it still hurts, I'd figure it'd be gone by now. Hurts right about here

Where the 1 is, except it's around my pinky/ring finger. Come to think of it, my hands been aching a little for like a week now, it just sorta spiked up today.
Alright so does anyone know how to get rid of it? Is it just that I gotta take a break for a few days? Anyone got any good warm ups to do before actually playing a song to avoid it? Am I using the wrong hand position.....I try to do it classical with my thumb just in the middle of the back and my palm just sorta hanging off....but sooner or later I find my thumb either hanging over the top or pointing to the side like a hitchhiker...but still I'm not gripping the guitar so I figured its no big deal.
It's like a cramp, it doesnt hurt too badly until I make a fist or push on it (which I've been doing in some odd effort to fix it)
Thanks!
Have you been playing guitar long? It might be your fingers getting used to sliding/moving so much. Just stretch your fingers before you play or do some warm-up exercises.
Yeah probably just overdid it for one night. Guitar Hero can be killer on the knuckles, hands.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
Yeah I dont intend to go to the doctor for this, just you guys, the online doctors lol. I've been playing for about 4 months now and I was practicing A minor pentatonic scale and starting power chords, and at first I thought you were supposed to barre them, not use all 3 fingers..

*Edit* What exactly do you mean stretch them.....just sorta what.....open your hand up all the way and wave your fingers around?? Are there any specific warmups?
Well you can squeeze and tennis ball to build up hand strength, that helps alot. But for stretching I didn't mean actually stretch, just do some scales or 1-2-3-4 exercise to get your fingers ready for playing.
Quote by Sy_B
Yeah I dont intend to go to the doctor for this, just you guys, the online doctors lol. I've been playing for about 4 months now and I was practicing A minor pentatonic scale and starting power chords, and at first I thought you were supposed to barre them, not use all 3 fingers..

*Edit* What exactly do you mean stretch them.....just sorta what.....open your hand up all the way and wave your fingers around?? Are there any specific warmups?

ummm..you are supposed to barre them...wait, right?
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Quote by Sy_B
Yeah I dont intend to go to the doctor for this, just you guys, the online doctors lol.

Common sense fail.

Seriously; if the pain continues you should go to a doctor, we're not trained medical professionals.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Common sense fail.

Seriously; if the pain continues you should go to a doctor, we're not trained medical professionals.

I know, I was kidding, like the way some people who think they're dying or need serious help, first place they ask is the pit . If it continues for more than a week or two, or just hurts too bad, I'll go to a real doctor, but if a break's all I need, I have a guitar free week coming soon so that should help, I'll just ice them a bit thanks.

Quote by akm_202

ummm..you are supposed to barre them...wait, right?

Well that's not what this guy says http://www.justinguitar.com/en/BC-016-PowerChords1.php
But I do anyway. Kinda switch back and forth....I find barreing them easier, but using 3 fingers cleaner (as in the last 3 strings dont ring) (Except all of a sudden I'm having trouble muting JUST the last thinnest string)