i have two problems with this... like the title says I'm having trouble writtingh i love song... I'm in school still so yeah I have a "crush" on this girl but i'm not completely sure if I like her... that's where I need help i want to write a love song saying I'm not sure if I like her or not nad I'm having a block. I've tried writting about this like four times now and I just don't like anything i'm putting down.

suggestions anyone?
please and thank you!
write about the confusion. in fact, don't make up your mind and really harness in on the fact that you can't convince yourself. Hell, I might write a song about your confusion. Or perhaps why I always feel a need to help out a lost soul.....
its hard to write a love song about maybe liking someone. I think you could broaden it, by using "love song" lines, these being the lines you would express liking for the girl, but also along with lines expressing the theme of confusion and being unsure, etc. Its hard to say exactly what your looking for but if you broaden your topic into themes and what not, it might come to you easier

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
One thing I've always admired is writing something that doesn't necessarily sound like a love song, but if you look into the lyrics more, they can be interpreted as one. Flat out writing 'I Love You' is way too overused and frankly, tripe.

I do feel at the same time, though, that you need to be careful when writing something out of a first person perspective. What I mean by that is I've seen way too many poems/songs where it goes a little like this:

He Stood There
Waiting For His Life To Be Complete
By The Mysterious Figure in White
While He Forces His Retreat

That's something that I just came up with, so it's supposed to sound bad. I'm actually not sure why I don't like writing something like that too much, I just think it sounds unoriginal, mostly by the repetitive use of 'he'.

I'm starting to digress a bit here, so let me summarize:

-Use metaphors
-Something original
-Stay away from affectionate words like 'love'
-Avoid cliches(no 'lost without you' kind of lyrics)
-Use places and times in your lyrics(For example, if you met her at a movie, make an allusion to the film you saw without directly using the film name or something)
-Also, I suggest reading the sticky at the top, it helped me a little before.

Also, I suggest listening to two great songwriters/poets, Syd Barrett and Jim Morrison. There are a lot of great songwriters, buy they often wrote about love in ways where you would have to think if they actually did write about it.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
don't say "I want to write a love song".

just write.

there is no method.

and if you're good, it'll be good. if you're rubbish it'll be rubbish.
Jammy's right.

And for my spin, lose the notion of the way love songs are meant to be. You might write that way in the end, but its important to clear your mind of all the junk. Don't think of you strummin' on an acoustic, tellin' her she's your baby, forget that. I know that writers can get lost in that on occasion (including myself). Just focus on her. As far as you, and your confusion, that's really hard to say. It's really easy to fall into cliche-ness with that subject. It could either be based on hard reason, or personal indecision. Indecision is really a big factor many times, and it's hard to write a love song based on that concept. I would think one thing you could do would be to focus on imagery rather than action. Avoid action altogether. However, I must emphasis again, lose the mentality of how songs should be.
I know it's incomplete as far as advice, but its all I've got right now. No matter what, though, POST IT ON S&L! The guys here can definitly help with the specifics.
kk thank you everyone i will definantly post it when i can

don't you just enjoy the fact you can go online ask a stupid question and have no one laugh at you... I sure enjoy it lol

once again thank you
Quote by speedy1330
kk thank you everyone i will definantly post it when i can

don't you just enjoy the fact you can go online ask a stupid question and have no one laugh at you... I sure enjoy it lol

once again thank you
That's because you're not in The Pit <_<.

If you want my opinion though, take it from someone who was in the same situation as you, writing a song is good for venting, and it's even better if you're writing it for yourself.

Just don't expect that this song or any song for that matter will make her automatically fall in love with you. It's sad, but it's true.

Nevertheless, don't stop writing, it's good for venting, and it may make her feel better about herself or something...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Yeah, keep writing. And as much as we'd like to help, I've found that I've gotten better at my musical abilities by rolling up my sleeves and doing it myself. I know it sounds silly, but you understand the inner spectrum of your mind, and you're the best person to look to for advice. Just try to identify the root of your problems, and you can solve them.
dude i have the same problem but i can't sing anyway so its okay

but anyway take jammy's advice whenever you try to write a song
i did and the song is done but i'll post it tomorrow (with a link) not today cause it's my birthday (just in case you were wondering lol)
i did and the song is done but i'll post it tomorrow (with a link) not today cause it's my birthday (just in case you were wondering lol)