Hey, for a long time now, I've been wanting to become a vegetarian (or maybe even a pescatarian). Not for any ethical reason (in fact I absolutely hate PETA) but for the health benefits. The only thing keeping me from doing this is that I can't stand the taste of any fruits or vegetables (the only fruit I can eat and tolerate the taste of is a banana). For the most part my diet is junk food, chicken, pasta, dairy, pizza, and foods in that realm. I know I sound like a 5 year old who doesn't want to eat his broccoli, right now, but I'm not sure how to manage this. I'm not sure how I can make myself like a food that I naturally hate the taste of. It may just be psychological, or maybe that they are an acquired taste. So I'm asking the Pit for advice on this. Thanks.
Have you called Jenny yet?

Seriously, thats not a bad idea considering you don't want to eat fruit, and stuff.
I've never tried it but something like that is something to consider.

MC name = Bearrorism
My ex girlfriend was a pescatarian

and she was fat.

and mean.

lol.

If you don't like Fruits and vegies,

Eat Wheat.
Well to be honest (as a vegan) I'm not too sure how I can help you, other than maybe finding some vegetables you don't hate and living off those, before gradually introducing the ones you may not like so much and doing your best to leave out the ones that you absolutely hate (I never go within 10 ks of mushrooms or eggplant). But if you can't bring yourself to eat any vegies now, then I don't know if vegetarianism is for you.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by ARCtrooper225
I've been wanting to become a vegetarian.

Quote by ARCtrooper225
I can't stand the taste of any fruits or vegetables.

Well there's your problem.
I think considering vegetarianism is a little bit too extreme for what you need.

You just need to stop eating junk food. Chicken, pasta, and dairy aren't bad for you. And pizza is only really bad for you if it's greasy.

I don't think you need to completely reverse your eating habits when all you need is an adjustment.
Quote by shadow__666
Well to be honest (as a vegan) I'm not too sure how I can help you, other than maybe finding some vegetables you don't hate and living off those, before gradually introducing the ones you may not like so much and doing your best to leave out the ones that you absolutely hate (I never go within 10 ks of mushrooms or eggplant). But if you can't bring yourself to eat any vegies now, then I don't know if vegetarianism is for you.

yay for being a vegan

but id say go for it and just try to eat the veggies. if you eat them for a few days youll start to like the taste.

the animals will thank you
why do u hate PETA?they're one of the few groups in the world who are actually doing sumthing write
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
a person who wants to be a vego...

but hates vegetables...

TS, are you seriously into self-torture or something?

Seriously though, if you want to eat veges...just man up and eat them.
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
just because its healthier, (which it might not be), meat is extremly important in diets because of its protein content, so i would never give that up.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
its 3 servings of red meat a week or sum crap. and u dont like vegetables but u want to becpme a vegetarian?????
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by splamron
just because its healthier, (which it might not be), meat is extremly important in diets because of its protein content, so i would never give that up.

I've been a vegetarian for about a year and a half, I focused on keeping my diet high in protien and I've actually gained weight since then. You do not need meat to maintain a high-protien diet.
Maybe try to just eat less meat and eat some vegetables instead of becoming a vegetarian?
sup?
I used to hate alot of vegetables untill I realized they are not that bad..As I got older I realized vegetables are actually enjoyable to eat because of the texture of them.
I guess it can be an acquired taste, in some respects.
I have had broccoli literally every night for my whole life, and I have only just recently even appreciated the taste.
Quote by ARCtrooper225
Hey, for a long time now, I've been wanting to become a vegetarian (or maybe even a pescatarian). Not for any ethical reason (in fact I absolutely hate PETA) but for the health benefits. The only thing keeping me from doing this is that I can't stand the taste of any fruits or vegetables (the only fruit I can eat and tolerate the taste of is a banana). For the most part my diet is junk food, chicken, pasta, dairy, pizza, and foods in that realm. I know I sound like a 5 year old who doesn't want to eat his broccoli, right now, but I'm not sure how to manage this. I'm not sure how I can make myself like a food that I naturally hate the taste of. It may just be psychological, or maybe that they are an acquired taste. So I'm asking the Pit for advice on this. Thanks.

I think you need to do some research on nutrition before you change your diet. Being skinny isn't synonymous with being healthy; people often become thinner when they switch to a vegetarian diet because they are not eating healthily. Evaluate your diet, there isn't anything wrong with pizza as long as you don't live on it, infact most "junk food" isn't going to harm your health unless you make it a staple in your diet.

As for vegetables and fruit many of them can be an aquired taste. Rather than just trying to eat a plate of vegetables you would be better off making a proper meal with them, if you like chili try a vegetarian chili, they're awesome and you can add pretty much any vegetable you want. I would also recommend that you try making a fruit salad, banana, melon, grape, apple etc. with some yoghurt and honey - seriously good stuff
yeah, bascially, the way i see it is that i can eat anything i want as long as i dont eat it constantly. like you can have all of this junk food as long as you dont eat it every single day. everything works in moderation in the way i eat
Eat those shitty fake meats for vegetarians that they make. Anyway, if you want health benefits, eat meat AND vegetables. Have a healthy, balanced diet.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Soups and sauces will get you through. I'm not a veggie myself, but my mum is, and she can get me to eat soooo much stuff I would never like raw if it's all liquidised and stuff. I mean, I pretty much hate peas, but pea soup is delicious. Same with spinach in spinach and cheese pasta.

Just try finding some good recipies. Although you may find yourself eating rather more soup than you'd like ...
Becoming a veggie for the health benefits?
Is meat an all consuming fatty evil now?
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.