Eric Gales is abit more technical than the black keys but hes certainly worth a listen
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
Derek Trucks Band, some most isnt strictly blues-rock, Gov't Mule, Junior Kimbrough, T-Model Ford, Kenny Brown & Troels Jenson, Keb' Mo', Robert Cray, Sonny Landreth, Robert Randolph, Melvin Taylor.
American Minor, the White Stripes, the Raconteurs, the Redwalls, the Sights, The Von Bondies, the Elms...

There's tons. Use www.pandora.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rta2aTkkNdc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXpYZq8JE1I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0lLUl1g-IY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKv57ukdvbE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0keUQIJBJx0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsazuAL1J70

The Greenhornes are definitely my favorite of the bunch. They sound like a British blues band from the 60s.

Hope I've helped.
The Bondie Cigars, Ry Cooder, Gov't Mule, Dos Jotas, Ryan Bingham (a bit more folky), ...
Quote by SunburstSFX3
Check out Back Door Slam.

This. This, this, this.

So totally this.
Back Door Slam is pretty good, I must say...another good reccommendation from the people here, it makes me wanna hug you all
This section could easily be the most productive part of these UG forums
Thanks for this!!!
There's no night out in the jail !

Last.fm --> mas0nic
Quote by mas0n
Back Door Slam is pretty good, I must say...another good reccommendation from the people here, it makes me wanna hug you all
This section could easily be the most productive part of these UG forums
Thanks for this!!!

I love them, saw them at Bonnaroo and they totally blew me away. I was already really into their studio stuff but once you see them live...
I love back door slam to! listen to the band cream with eric clapton best blues rocks band ever
Quote by Ponyexpress
I love back door slam to! listen to the band cream with eric clapton best blues rocks band ever

Cream is not modern, but I love cream.

Also, I can't seem to find back door slam on last.fm....

EDIT: nevermind, found it
I love them, saw them at Bonnaroo and they totally blew me away. I was already really into their studio stuff but once you see them live...

I've just listened through their debut album, Roll Away, and I absolutely love it! Lots of energy, electric and acoustic stuff ( both very good ), extremely easy listening, good lyrics...I like 'em a lot better than The Black Keys, but it's a taste thing, nothing really objective.

This is a real good reccommendation, to anyone that likes blues/rock, and maybe a good entrance into some blues for fresh listeners.
There's no night out in the jail !

Last.fm --> mas0nic
Quote by mas0n
I've just listened through their debut album, Roll Away, and I absolutely love it! Lots of energy, electric and acoustic stuff ( both very good ), extremely easy listening, good lyrics...I like 'em a lot better than The Black Keys, but it's a taste thing, nothing really objective.

This is a real good reccommendation, to anyone that likes blues/rock, and maybe a good entrance into some blues for fresh listeners.

Yes I checked out Back Door Slam. It's great, and very refreshing to see a good blues rock band in the modern era. Check them out!
Yeah I thought Eric Gales' guitar playing may suit your tastes. Riff orientated electric blues with alot of overdriven guitar work.
Hey guys, if you want to check out Back Door Slam, check this thread on their forums, it's the download to a live show that's great quality and a good way to see how great their live shows can be.
So I gave a listen to some Back Door Slam, and I have to say its pretty good. A lot more refined sounding than the Black Keys. It's cool how those two groups can be modern and also have such a different take on bluesy rock.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
North Mississippi Allstars, Drive-by Trucker, and more that I can't think of.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
^That isn't even their best performance of Blues Veins imo.

MONSTA EDIT:

I take that back. That was beastishly good!

The first 5 minutes have amazed the **** outta me so far!

Last edited by ze monsta at Aug 26, 2008,
Can't really say I'm a huge fan of the raconteurs.
I did.

The Raconteurs and The White Stripes to me are just kind of meh... I don't dislike them, but they aren't my favorites.

Edit: Who is the other guitarist? I like his work. Jack White's playing, to me sounds like he's drunk or something.
Last edited by slidething31 at Aug 26, 2008,
Ah, either way its all good. I consider myself a fanboy of JackWhite. So Im kinda partial, but still. That, The White Stripes version of Death Letter under blackpool. The song writing, I think its blues. If not, I still think its BOSS
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion. Almost punk, very rough.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
Quote by ze monsta
I'm a HUGE HUGE HUGE Jack White fan...

^I've just never really liked Jack White all that much. I don't dig his singing at all really, and his guitar playing usually just seems too manic, and weird for my tastes.

My favorite part of that second vid was definitely Meg Whites tits bouncing while she banged on the drums.
Quote by slidething31
^I've just never really liked Jack White all that much. I don't dig his singing at all really, and his guitar playing usually just seems too manic, and weird for my tastes.

My favorite part of that second vid was definitely Meg Whites tits bouncing while she banged on the drums.

I'd like to beat her drums, ya know what I'm sayin...