* Korg Pitchblack Tuner
* Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah

I am currently saving up for:

* Line 6 DL4 Delay
* Eventide ModFactor
* MXR 10-band EQ
* Ibanez Tubescreamer
* ISP Decimator G-String

And some kind of Power Supply and a replacement wah as I'm not happy with the Jimi Hendrix - too extreme.
Any adjustments anyone would recommend? Also, any ideas for the order that i should run everything, ie which pedals should come first and last etc?
cheers
Last edited by sideshowlinc at Aug 24, 2008,
Well I would go for the EQ or the Tubescreamer first. When i got my ts9, it made a lot of difference to my tone.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
I know I'm gonna sound like a bandwagon jumper here but hear me out, the Tubescreamer won't sound anywhere near as good as low gain distortion would on that amp, so I would go for a lower gain distortion and an EQ pedal as first priorities. The Jazz Chorus is a killer amp so no comment there, and maybe a Dunlop 535Q for the wah? I liked it when I tried it.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Oh yes. Sorry, but if you want the tubescreamer to be the overdrive channel, don't get it. It will only work as a boost (maybe not on a SS amp) or a very light overdrive, which is probably what you can get on your amp now.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Quote by b00m_
Well I would go for the EQ or the Tubescreamer first. When i got my ts9, it made a lot of difference to my tone.

yeah that list isn’t in order of when I wanna get those pedals…

Quote by PunkRocker33133
I know I'm gonna sound like a bandwagon jumper here but hear me out, the Tubescreamer won't sound anywhere near as good as low gain distortion would on that amp, so I would go for a lower gain distortion and an EQ pedal as first priorities. The Jazz Chorus is a killer amp so no comment there

Quote by b00m_
Oh yes. Sorry, but if you want the tubescreamer to be the overdrive channel, don't get it. It will only work as a boost (maybe not on a SS amp) or a very light overdrive, which is probably what you can get on your amp now.

yeah im wanting some kind of OD. i actually dont know much about overdrive, just that its not distortion and its not clean but somewhere in the middle. Not really interested in boost as I play in a one guitar band and its not really the kind of music that has big epic guitar solos that everyone needs to stop and listen to.
and i know that with OD there's so many of the same thing out there (IMO) ive always been told that the tubescreamer is the original and the best so if u guys have got a better idea i'll listen to that, cos as i said, i have no clue.

Quote by PunkRocker33133
maybe a Dunlop 535Q for the wah? I liked it when I tried it.

yeah i was thinking of getting that one, I just something a bit more subtle and Dunlop seems pretty trusted for wah…

Just a thought, I really like the sound of the guitars on Juturna by Circa Survive… is that OD?
ts check your PMs i messaged you about the line 6 pedal

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
ts check your PMs i messaged you about the line 6 pedal

... no u didnt
i resent oit check again

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

EQ is a good choice. Tubescreamer, not so much. I'd go with say, a Keeley BD-2, or a simillar pedal for low to mid gain sounds. The JC's OD leaves a lot to be desired
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Where in your FX chain do you run the wah? If it's before the distortion, try putting it after for a less pronounced effect. Might save you some money
Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Boss SD-1 + 2 x Clones... all modded of course
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2