my friend is willing to give me his old pickups from some bc rich guitar and i wanna put it in my stupid strat copy now is it worth it to put it in there instead of the single coil when its a humbucker and when i say put in i mean for free like get my dad to do it
Quote by A7X08
my friend is willing to give me his old pickups from some bc rich guitar and i wanna put it in my stupid strat copy now is it worth it to put it in there instead of the single coil when its a humbucker and when i say put in i mean for free like get my dad to do it

If its from a cheap BC Rich it isnt going to improve your tone all that much...

Im not sure what you are saying but you want to put a humbucker where there used to be a single coil? Unless your dad has some know-how about this and all the tools you cant do that...
Quote by Final !mpact
If its from a cheap BC Rich it isnt going to improve your tone all that much...

Im not sure what you are saying but you want to put a humbucker where there used to be a single coil? Unless your dad has some know-how about this and all the tools you cant do that...

Well, given that your statement is what he means...

The tone isn't going to be improved much. You might get a harder hit with lots of gain but it's not going to be that noticeable. cheap pickups are cheap pickups.

It's not difficult to do though, you would either route the current pickguard to fit a humbucker or buy a replacement pickguard. Other than that, it's minimal fabrication.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
do you have to cut the guitar wood at all ive never seen under my pickgaurd and its from a bc rich jr v i think
Quote by A7X08
do you have to cut the guitar wood at all ive never seen under my pickgaurd and its from a bc rich jr v i think

Im no expert but i think you have to... Open up your pickguard and have a look-see?