I need a recovery disc for my laptops new hard drive, is this just a standard xp disc or is there something more to it.

Im not very good with computers, especially not laptops.

Thanks in advance
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
You should be able to install with a standard XP disc. Make sure to have access to another computer with Internet so that you can download the hardware drivers for your laptop.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
if you are trying to reformat you need to pop the XP install disk in, reboot, go into the bios (usually F2 or somehing, it will say press said key to get to the "setup" or something). Once you are in the bios change the boot order so the CD drive is first. Then save and exit. Restart again and it will ask you to press any key to boot from CD.

Once you are booted from the CD you should be able to reformat your drive(s) in one of the steps. Its quite easy, it walks you though it all mostly.

as said, make sure you have access to the net with another computer so you can get your drivers and get the computer working again.
usually you will have wired internet and can plug into the router but my acer didnt do that last time and so I used my desktop and a small USB drive to transfer the files to my laptop.
The old hard drive to the laptop is kaput so i had to get a new one, what drivers will it need, like graphics drivers and stuff?
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
I cant boot from my old hard drive, its completely dead

I went to hp's site (my laptop is a compaw presario v5000) and downloaded all of the drivers, so all i need to do now is put the new harddrive in, install windows on it and take all of the drivers from this pc to that laptop and install them?
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Last edited by skinzpoison at Aug 18, 2008,