ok so I might just order a guitar off of guitarcenter or musiciansfriend or sweetwater...but I dont know which to choose. I went to guitar center the other day and they didnt have any of the masterbilt series.

so I am left wondering which to get. its either the masterbilt ef that is acoustic electric
or one of the der500 ones. I am leaning toward the dr series because it doesnt have a v neck (I still am not sure what v means...) and it has a thiner neck.

I wanted to know before I buy, which should I get if I go for the dr series, the maple one or the rosewood one? or maybe the mahogany (I am leaning less toward this one because it doesnt have binding on the neck..)?

I like playing lead, chords, fingerstyle, and tapping. I was wondering which would be best sounding, loud when I tap and stuff....
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
the v neck is the radius of the neck .. protruding more so than the dr .. the dr is very much like the shape of there epi electrics .. which i find more comfortable .. i have a dr500r and i love it .. mahogany is a warm mellow sound, rosewood is nice boomy low end, and maple is a sharp sound .. my personal preference is rosewood .. especially for fingerstyle you will like the bass to be heard ... but out of all the ones you chose you cant go wrong
take it easy man .. its just a thread
which is the heaviest? I hear maple is the heaviest....I think whenever I might just go with maple. But Im going to wait a while to see if I can get somewhere to try these guitars..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
do you guys know what this guitar's side and back are made of? and what makes it so twangy and sounding the way it does? is it mainly the strings or is it the wood?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmmW6HSlhMA

I would like a guitar that sounds a little close to that. I wouldnt want it exactly...so which wood do you guys think would be best for this sound?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Last edited by fifer at Aug 19, 2008,
Quote by A Rolling Stone
link plzzz

the link for the video is in the middle....
Quote by RetroGunslinger
so I emailed guitarcenter to see when they would have masterbilts in one of their stores...and a guy called me today saying that they are only special orders....and that it could take up to even a year...does anyone know if any other store could get it to me faster?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by fifer
so I emailed guitarcenter to see when they would have masterbilts in one of their stores...and a guy called me today saying that they are only special orders....and that it could take up to even a year...does anyone know if any other store could get it to me faster?

the guitar center by me had them in stock .. its better to call the individual stores and see if that have them in stock .. sam ash had more to choose from for me as far as the masterbilt line and then had new ones in the box in the back .. i dont like guitars that everyone has played and messed around with .. but thats just me .. if not .. buy it from musiciansfriend.com .. u cant go wrong with the masterbilt line .. sure its better to try it out first .. but if u cant .. just take the plundge
ok, thanks. I guess I will try another guitar center some time, whenever I can...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
I talked to this guy from sweetwater...he told me that they didnt have the epiphone masterbilt dr-500me, but that they had the 500m...so I talked to him on the phone, and he told me that a good, and better, guitar was the taylor 210. so I asked him if it had a solid back and sides, and he told me yes.....I dont believe this though. do you guys know?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
As far as I know Taylor 210s have laminate back and sides. Masterbilts are all solid.
Quote by fifer
I talked to this guy from sweetwater...he told me that they didnt have the epiphone masterbilt dr-500me, but that they had the 500m...so I talked to him on the phone, and he told me that a good, and better, guitar was the taylor 210. so I asked him if it had a solid back and sides, and he told me yes.....I dont believe this though. do you guys know?

that guys an a$$
I tried a Masterbilt DR500ME today and it was great. There is an AJ500ME coming in soon that I would like to try. Anyone know why the DR model with the same specs is $100 more that the AJ model? Both have the same materials and electronics.