Ok I have been offered A Marshall JCM 900 Combo 100watts.

I was looking for a tsl601 or 2 or a DSL combo, But someone offered this.

I am considering it at about $800- $850, 2 years old with little use. I asked a few Qs about the tubes and age.

Here some things I need some help with.

Is this going to be way too loud for someone who plays in a garage band and does occasional small venues? Will it play low?

Will this suite my Rock, Metal needs? As I said I was looking at JCM2000's.

Anything else I should consider? This is an upgrade from an MG10

Thanks.
Get it. Even if you dont like it you can sell it for more than that. And it has a half power switch so you can quieten it up a bit
get it man, 100 watts is overkill but there is a half kill switch, and I use 60 watts for small-medium gigs, works great, for that price even get it anyways, if you can't crank it enough get an attuener.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

a little bit overpriced, in my opinion.

I got my 4501 (50 watt 112) for $525 canadian.

Will suit rock & metal (but not really modern metal, imo), has a fair amount of preamp gain at low volume, sings at high volume.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
In australia everything is overprice (Musical things anyway) about 2000 for a new TSL601
Very good deal, considering you're in Australia. I don't see how it can be two years old though... seeing as they stopped making them 10 years ago.... unless they've re-issued a combo?
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

all i know is dont get a tsl combo. super muddy.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by jimbob78
Very good deal, considering you're in Australia. I don't see how it can be two years old though... seeing as they stopped making them 10 years ago.... unless they've re-issued a combo?

Stole the words right out of my mouth.
Quote by DSchmitty
get it man, 100 watts is overkill but there is a half kill switch, and I use 60 watts for small-medium gigs, works great, for that price even get it anyways, if you can't crank it enough get an attuener.

you mean attenuator, don't you
Live Rig January 2018

Fender Baja Telecaster/Danelectro DC-12
Boss TU-3, Ibanez TS-9, Fulltone OCD 1.7, EHX Small Clone, MXR Carbon Copy, EHX Holy Grail Neo
1964 Vox AC30TB with '69 Rola G12M "blackbacks"
Elixir Nanoweb 10-52 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
I suspected that It was at least 10 years old. Cant find anywhere near as much info on them as almost all other Marshall series. I could get an attenuator but that another $200 Im not sure I have. Also I will probably have to change the tubes in this as soon as I get it.

If I got have a look at it and play it, Is there anything that people here with some experience can recommend I look out for? or check? I Dont know much about how to check the condition of an amp.