Ok I have been offered A Marshall JCM 900 Combo 100watts.

I was looking for a tsl601 or 2 or a DSL combo, But someone offered this.

I am considering it at about $800- $850, 2 years old with little use. I asked a few Qs about the tubes and age.

Here some things I need some help with.

Is this going to be way too loud for someone who plays in a garage band and does occasional small venues? Will it play low?

Will this suite my Rock, Metal needs? As I said I was looking at JCM2000's.

Anything else I should consider? This is an upgrade from an MG10

Thanks.
Get it. Even if you dont like it you can sell it for more than that. And it has a half power switch so you can quieten it up a bit
get it man, 100 watts is overkill but there is a half kill switch, and I use 60 watts for small-medium gigs, works great, for that price even get it anyways, if you can't crank it enough get an attuener.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

a little bit overpriced, in my opinion.

I got my 4501 (50 watt 112) for $525 canadian.

Will suit rock & metal (but not really modern metal, imo), has a fair amount of preamp gain at low volume, sings at high volume.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
In australia everything is overprice (Musical things anyway) about 2000 for a new TSL601
Very good deal, considering you're in Australia. I don't see how it can be two years old though... seeing as they stopped making them 10 years ago.... unless they've re-issued a combo?
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

all i know is dont get a tsl combo. super muddy.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by jimbob78
Very good deal, considering you're in Australia. I don't see how it can be two years old though... seeing as they stopped making them 10 years ago.... unless they've re-issued a combo?

Stole the words right out of my mouth.
Quote by DSchmitty
get it man, 100 watts is overkill but there is a half kill switch, and I use 60 watts for small-medium gigs, works great, for that price even get it anyways, if you can't crank it enough get an attuener.

you mean attenuator, don't you
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I suspected that It was at least 10 years old. Cant find anywhere near as much info on them as almost all other Marshall series. I could get an attenuator but that another $200 Im not sure I have. Also I will probably have to change the tubes in this as soon as I get it.

If I got have a look at it and play it, Is there anything that people here with some experience can recommend I look out for? or check? I Dont know much about how to check the condition of an amp.