I've had Firefox for years without any bother, but for some reason it's not letting me save photos, can anyone offer a quick solution to leave me able to save pictures?
The moral of this story=Don't use Firefox
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
We need a little more information than that. What format are the pictures you are trying to save, which website are you having problems with, what exactly happens when you try to save them?

Quote by gunners fan
The moral of this story=Don't use Firefox

Very helpful
I hope these arent copyrighte images!

Ah you sure your right clicking and saving target as?... if worse comes to worse, print screen that ****
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by MrP
We need a little more information than that. What format are the pictures you are trying to save, which website are you having problems with, what exactly happens when you try to save them?

Any website, any type of pictures and nothing happens. The 'Save To...' box comes up you click save and nothing happens. (Yes, I make sure it goes to the right location ect)

Quote by nick dixon
I hope these arent copyrighte images!

Ah you sure your right clicking and saving target as?... if worse comes to worse, print screen that ****

Yep, doing it how I always used to before it stopped working. That's what I'm doing at the moment, but it's time consuming and makes the picture quality worse!
Try this:
1. Close Firefox
2. Locate the file downloads.rdf which should be somewhere along these lines:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_OWN_USERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\SOME_RANDO...

3. Rename downloads.rdf to xdownloads.rdf
4. Start Firefox

Firefox should create a new downloads.rdf and you should be able to save your files again.
Quote by Alix_D
I've had Firefox for years without any bother, but for some reason it's not letting me save photos, can anyone offer a quick solution to leave me able to save pictures?

I've got this problem before. Still not sure why it happened. I usually just close Firefox, restart my internet connection, and try again.
Cheers Soulfly, I'll give that a go and let you know.

Edit: That worked perfectly. Thanks a lot!
Last edited by Alix_D at Aug 18, 2008,