Page 1 of 2
- Becoming more common with spread of media and tween idols? (I don't know, you could argue the spread of media as a point)

- MUSIC VIDEOS (see any rap or hip-hop music video, Don't Cha Wish Your Girlfriend Was Hot Like Me - Pussycat Dolls ft. Busta Rhymes is a perfect example)

How to combat it: castration.

Best of luck.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Yes I know what u shud do:

The ULTIMATE SEX THREAD
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
Quote by freedoms_stain
There isn't anything to combat.

There's nothing wrong with it.

But GOD said it was BAAAAAADDDDD
Quote by the evil edge
But GOD said it was BAAAAAADDDDD
O Rly?

Did he tell you personally or did you read it in a book?
Quote by freedoms_stain

This.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
The only way to really combat the premarital sex problem is to brainwash kids before they knew any better and put the fear of God, STD's, AIDS, Cancer, the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus in them at a young age. This is because there is nothing truly wrong with it. Its in human nature to look for self-gratification, and although there are a few rules to the exception, everybody does it.

Besides, would you buy a car, or even a guitar, without test driving (or playing) one?

Castration...that could help solve a lot of problems though. Do it at birth.
Quote by freedoms_stain
O Rly?

Did he tell you personally or did you read it in a book?

Yes! and since you probably thought it was TL;DR, here's the gist:

No craving your neighbours ass
No killing (unless they're gay)
NO RUMPY PUMPY UNLESS HER DAD SAYS MMM'KAY
No Shrimp

no fun, basically.
Quote by freedoms_stain

This.
You know.. You not being American makes this seem like if I was to write a paper on how to stop the Chav problem in the UK.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
wait your doing it to combat it? that's a bit odd, normally people say why it isn't a bad thing, oh well, I don't want to help you with your strange thesis combatting something there's nothing wrong with
Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know.. You not being American makes this seem like if I was to write a paper on how to stop the Chav problem in the UK.
That's easy though, arm normal people with soap in a can.
Quote by Flipaningage
wait your doing it to combat it? that's a bit odd, normally people say why it isn't a bad thing, oh well, I don't want to help you with your strange thesis combatting something there's nothing wrong with

I saw the Vorhees family combat it in Friday the 13th. Maybe you should write about that, TS.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by inhatredofme
stop breeding sluts that like it so much.

You know, I've never met a slut who was actually good at sex.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Time Seller
Hah, someone noticed. Lol.

Long story.

You got your heart broken by a slutty American girl, didn't you?
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You got your heart broken by a slutty American girl, didn't you?

Probably has some teacher with their head up their ass that thinks they police the ****ing world and for some reason wants to try to 'solve' a problem that has nothing to do with them.

Just a guess.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
What is the context of your thesis? Are you writing it to support your own convictions or work published by someone else? Initially I think you need to know why you are supporting abstinence, and to help you we need to know this too . I don't personally support abstinence before anyone starts trying to convert me, I'm just trying to help the TS.

I've seen one or two documentaries on tv (I live in the UK) about abstinence in the United States, although they focus more on some of the shocking beliefs behind it, they did also highlight the fact that the young people living such lives have personally redefined sex to be vaginal intercourse and so still engage in oral and anal sex.

If this is being written from a religious perspective you have to define your stance of homosexual relationships; I was under the impression that a large number of states (roughly half?) do not allow same-sex marriage and there are a number of contrasting opinions in the church on whether or not homosexual relationships are recognised. Here you have a grey area where a couple is not lawfully permitted to wed, should they be permanently denied the right to have sex? With this in mind the only way to completely abolish pre-marital sex would be to make same-sex marriage legal in all states.
Quote by MrP
the only way to completely abolish pre-marital sex would be to make same-sex marriage legal in all states.

???!!!???!!!???
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.
The good book says pre-marital sex is a sin! The good book says we must do what the good book says, or else we shall sin! I say to you, my child, my brother, that the good book has NEVAR been proven wrong! The problem with the world today is people oppressing us, and our faith in our religion, but we must unite and overcome it!
Christians, together, we must fight to bring our religion to those who do not know it, to save them! OH LAWD, SAVE THEM!
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by NorfIrIon
Probably has some teacher with their head up their ass that thinks they police the ****ing world and for some reason wants to try to 'solve' a problem that has nothing to do with them.

Just a guess.

Well, we were supposed to do something on prostitution but this bitch in my class got the topic first. So it was basically a choice between animal rights and premarital sex.

Why America? Cos Malaysia's no fun. No one has sex here. Relatively speaking.

And there are a couple of reasons that are too long to go into.

No, no personal experience.
Quote by Steve Plod
???!!!???!!!???
If Gays can't get married then all the sex they have is pre-marital.

Seems fairly self-explanitory to me.
Quote by Steve Plod
???!!!???!!!???

Okay, I'll rephrase that. The only way it would be possible would be to make same-sex marriage legal in all states. I'm not saying it should be done , I'm speaking purely theoretically to be useful.
Quote by Time Seller
Yes, that helps a lot. I have to get the thesis done, regardless of whether I think it's a problem or not.

Good job for choosing a thesis that you dno't even agree with and from the sounds of it aren't overly interested in.
Inhuman evil take down!
Quote by Time Seller
Well, we were supposed to do something on prostitution but this bitch in my class got the topic first. So it was basically a choice between animal rights and premarital sex.

Why America? Cos Malaysia's no fun. No one has sex here. Relatively speaking.

And there are a couple of reasons that are too long to go into.

No, no personal experience.

Seems to me you could be doing it on a more important topic. Neo-hippies. They piss me off, and they're ruining this country.
Quote by vintage x metal

I'm sure you wouldn't have to argue just about how to combat it, as the point of a thesis is to present your own research.
Try researching then making a conculsion based on your own findings, either for premarital sex, or against it.

If you have to argue only what they tell you to, its not a thesis.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by MrP
Okay, I'll rephrase that. The only way it would be possible would be to make same-sex marriage legal in all states. I'm not saying it should be done , I'm speaking purely theoretically to be useful.

Meh, we can just do a basic overview, choose a stance (already chosen for us ), and discuss the implications and how to 'combat' it. And from there, prepare a sort of budget proposal. Woohoo, this is so much fun. Oh, joy.

Basically, my group partner and I were thinking of doing a couple of surveys, collecting data, showing how Malaysian culture has been greatly affected too, and all that jazz.

Then we go into a couple of possible ways to reduce the phenomenon. Probably just get out more information of STDs, teen pregnancies etc.

Oh, and I just found out my friend's a father. Haha.
Quote by 18th_Angel
Good job for choosing a thesis that you dno't even agree with and from the sounds of it aren't overly interested in.

You'll be surprised how fun we thought the topic would be.

Poor judgement FTL.

But anyway, we've pretty much decided on what I stated above. Makes it easier that way.
I would also spend some time debating whether or not it's even possible. Morally you can convince people to do something (see: Silver Ring Thing ), but the closest we have come as a society to preventing acts is through the legal system. It has been well established that making something illegal doesn't stop people doing it, you just make criminals of the people who do it (see: Prohibition ) and the end result is that sex will become a danger to society. Would doctors be forced to refuse to treat people with sexual diseases because they were not married? When abortion was frowned upon many would seek help from less-than reputable doctors and would often die as a result.
Quote by Time Seller
So I'm doing a 6,000 word thesis on premarital sex in America and how to combat it.

Any ideas? If you decide to wisecrack, please slot in something sensible too. Thanks.

more legislation controlling corporate advertising and media in general with sexual material. corporations are the only ones with enough scope to shape society. and through sexual advertising that preys upon the human inclination to desire sex, they intensify the want/need for it. at my high school we had south korean students who, during talks in school about premarital sex and such things, would become shocked. sort of like taking an american to china and talking casually about infantcide. it's as much cultural as it is 'natural'.

the difference though is that humans have an inclination to screw, but the media exploits that weakness by taunting it and causing it to overdevelop and magnify thereby selling their product and simultaneously hooking consumers on sexual content thus cementing their sales and future sales.
#DTWD
Like I said before, there is only one way to prevent it:

Write your entire paper on this.
Quote by vintage x metal

we've gone from a society that encouranged marriage at the ages of 14-18 to one that deters people from getting married to at least their late 20's and they expect people to just not have sex for 10 years.

if you want a thesis to write, how about write about how influencial the church is in the running of America, even though i'm pretty sure its written in the US constitution (or at least one of the documents they wrote when starting the country up) that state and church must be kept seperate.

it sickens me sometimes when i see how much people in America take the church so seriously when it comes to the running of their country
Page 1 of 2