Page 1 of 2
sargasm
1977 and we are going mad
1,817 IQ
Alright let's talk about Discharge and Inepsy and Disclose and stuff.

I'll start. I saw Inepsy at Unrest fest and thought it was totally wicked cool.

Predictions for this thread: Lots of words that start with "dis"
original=punk
Banned
2,482 IQ
Disfear are pretty insane. I like this stuff, because it's like crossover and thrash and stuff. Yummy.
crustyreed
493 IQ
ew.

yep that's right

ew.

except discharge and disclose, thumbs down on this played out boring cookie cutter music
StreetLight3989
1,950 IQ
Why do so many D-Beat and Crust type bands either have dis or wolf in their names?
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
sargasm
1,817 IQ
Quote by StreetLight3989
Why do so many D-Beat and Crust type bands either have dis or wolf in their names?

The "dis" thing comes from discharge, who d-beat bands like to fellate in the same way pop-punk bands fellate the ramones all the time.

The only D-Beat band with "wolf" I can think of is wolfbrigade, and I imagine the reason for that is because wolfs are hella cool.
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
I just downloaded "A Tribute To Anti Cimex"

w00t.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
It's a good tribute, with good bands. I'd suggest grabbin' it.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
Quote by Zero Substance
cool cool. i'll check it out.
Check your PMs cutie :3
Do It Again
Scandinavian Jawbreaker
32 IQ
Quote by sargasm
The only D-Beat band with "wolf" I can think of is wolfbrigade, and I imagine the reason for that is because wolfs are hella cool.

Actually, they're named after the mafia gang Wolfpack, but when the gang started getting lots of attention in daily media and stuff, the band decided to change name to avoid a Joy Division-esque scenario with gang members and stuff. Thus changing their name to Wolfbrigade.

If anyone cared.
rizZo52792
327 IQ
there's alotta bands with "-charge" too, haha. Kegcharge, Recharge, etc.
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
Under The Sun by Anti Cimex is the greatest song of all time.
crustyreed
493 IQ
Whomever told you this:

Quote by planetary ruins
d-beat didn't really come from discharge.A style called discore did. d-beat was a rip of early Swedish death metal, why all those bands like wolfpack, to what end? etc sound like early Swedish death not discharge.

Is incorrect, the above infromation is not true.

Yes the style did infact come from discharge-it matters little whether they called it discore or d-beat, since the names of micro-genres tend too be often changing (see 'epic' crust now), or different based on location.

Second, I doubt you mean 'death' metal, you are thinking more probably of Black metal, which actually does have ties to the crust scene (much more notably today with bands like; Iskra, Order of Vultures, and Wolves in the Throneroom) than in the past.
(Death metal was pioneered in america (florida) and probaly did not hit sweden until after 1990-which would make for chronological and geographical errors in said quote, since d-beat was being played steadily since 198-6-7-8.)

Third, wolfpack sounding like black metal.?.?.? I hope i'm not the only one who missed that comparision.
crustyreed
493 IQ
Quote by planetary ruins
No i mean swedish death, early swedish death was way before 90s and bands like wolfpack even credit them to their sound. as do iskra who i personally know. and iskra took sounds from darkthrones soul side journey which is death metal.not black metal.And ive played with wolfpack and wolfbrigade and if anyone has ever heard entombed theyd know its a rip off of it and they let it be known even covering them.

thus d-beat came from mostly early Swedish death metal. AS ENTOMBED.

and discore as disclose and sunday morning einsteins was considered a hardcoreish punk not the same as d-beat. clearly anyone with ears can tell difference between wolf pack and disclose.

Sorry, I should have used more concrete evidence to dispell this notion of yours.

Using easily accessable internet sources this information can be found about swedish death:
''The first wave of "Swedish death metal" consisted primarily of the bands Carnage and Nihilist...'' 1] Who respectively, were formed in 1989 [2] and 1987.[3] Which more or less makes this:'early swedish death was way before 90s'' , seem quite inacurate since I doubt their are many people who consider 3 years a 'way' amount, (although the use of 'way' is subjective I doubt one would consider 3 years so significant)

as do iskra who i personally know. and iskra took sounds from darkthrones soul side journey which is death metal.not black metal
Unfortunately, the way Iskra are presented by you in this discussion is, since they are not a d-beat band, of no importance-it merely exemplifies the bond between crust and the harder metals. (It was of no importance at my attempt to establish truth about d-beat either).

''And ive played with wolfpack and wolfbrigade and if anyone has ever heard entombed theyd know its a rip off of it and they let it be known even covering them.''
This is actually interesting, for I actually thought that the 'crust rock' sound was more of a Motorhead influence, but seeing entombed described as 'death 'n' roll', without listening to them, I can see the influence on wolfbrigade.
However, offering up a single thing as being representive of a larger plural, is as always flawed. You found a band with a Death metal influence, that in no way means it is shared amongst the genre. They also put out their first record in 1995 [6], which puts them far past d-beats early years.

Anyways
''Their [anti-cimex] second 7", Raped Ass, is considered to be a subgenre-defining D-beat record.'' (which was released in 1983 [4]
And then of course their was Karnvapen Attack by Mob 47 released in 1984 [5], I would say it is another genre defying record, however I do not consider myself an authority on D-beat making my opinion not fit for discussion.

I thought this was fun for a while and I was going to polish it a bit more so you wouldn't bother trying to justify wrong beliefs, but logic can only be so appealing to me for a while (and oh is that a long while sometimes!).

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Death
[2] [3] http://www.metal-archives.com/
[4] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti_Cimex
[5] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mob_47
[6]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfbrigade
All accessed January 6th.
Last edited by crustyreed at Jan 5, 2009,
sargasm
1,817 IQ
I saw it at the record store the other day but didn't have the moneys with which to purchase it.
linfield4466
The Kvltivat0r
1,015 IQ
Who here like Nuclear Death Terror?
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

drugfreeboy
the great dissapointment
1,960 IQ
Discharge is the ****! Disclose is sweet, and my local D-Beat-Noise punk band No ****er. all great bands.
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
drugfreeboy
the great dissapointment
1,960 IQ
each his own. anyone hear of no ****er...they had two spilts and toured with disclose
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
recklessnick
Almost Wasted
4,633 IQ
is d-beat a drumbeat or an actually genre. and if it is, whats the difference between d-beat and crust punk.
i enjoy disfear, r.a.m.b.o., from ashes rise and tragedy. if they are, considered d-beat, that is
yLynch
Banned
617 IQ
Can someone please explain to me what d-beat is?
lavazza
K**e sold out
7,304 IQ
Quote by lukeylynch
Can someone please explain to me what d-beat is?

d-beat is the name of a drm beat the Discharge drummer "invented", it´s not really a genre in my opinion, but I think it´s generally useful, since the bands that are considered to be d-beat are more melodic than lots of crust