Hey guys! I'm considering buying the Tone Lab LE, but am open to suggestions of its competitors if you think there's a better one. I often use my guitar through a system (currently use a small, low-end Korg multi-effects for that), and would like the flexibility of a big multi-effects.

Tone Lab LE at GC: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-ToneLab-LE-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal-104327861-i1173697.gc

I must admit, when it comes to tone, I'm still quite a n00b. As you can see in my sig, I have a good setup for metal (EMG's through a Laney Hard Core Max, no pedals). The built-in distortion on the amp is great and highly recommended.

Anyway, I'm gonna buy some effects to get more sounds, and instead of buying several, I want to get a sweet multi-effects processor to last me forever. (That is the point of the Tone Lab/GT-10 etc. anyway, right?) I'm seriously considering the Vox, because I've read that it has a lot of vintage amp models and a lot of vintage effects, and that's what I'm looking for: a wide range of old-school/classic rock sounds. But like I said, if there's another processor that has good vintage effects, enlighten me.

There are a couple of potential hiccups I see, though: I've heard that high-gain pickups (like mine) don't work well with most multi-effects processors; something about getting "digital distortion" or something (like I said, I'm still a n00b). Also, my amp might not be optimal, being very hard-rock and metal-oriented. Will that make a difference? But I only use my amp for practice, so this isn't a deal breaker.
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.
Last edited by Steve Plod at Aug 18, 2008,
i may be selling mine, but in my opinion for the tones you want it is the best floor processor out there. It is a lot more natural sounding than the boss and line6 alternatives. It is not for metal, but that doesnt seem to be a problem.

Your amp shouldnt be a problem - set your amp to the cleanest tone you can get and plug the tonelab in and let that get you all the tones you want! it has 3 different settings for types of guitar amps to use it with, so you should be able to make it sound good with your laney.

IMO for bedroom classic rock and versatility it is unbeatable
That's helpful. Thanks for the reply slash fan! And thanks for the amp info too.

Anyone else?
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
no probs. If you want to know more you can PM me

oh and there is a sweet child of mine soundclip in my profile which is my Tonelab LE infront of my Laney guitar amp. The TLLE is set to "amp 2" which i find works great with the laney amp. That tone is at talking volume... the Tonelab is pretty awesome for that!
Sweet, I'm off to check it out...

You rock man!
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
*bump*

Anyone else have opinions???
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
Buy a new amp before you get that, Laney hardcore amps aren't good.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Quote by UpTheIrons!
Buy a new amp before you get that, Laney hardcore amps aren't good.

Right well I mostly use the Laney for practice right now; I usually gig through a system, so the processor would be useful.

Laney hardcore amps are quite good at what they do, BTW.
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
if you gig through a PA system then the Tonelab will be great, and you wont need to get a new amp as long as you can get a nice usable bedroom tone out of it. Obviously it changes between amps, but i have found that the tonelab can work with quite a lot of stuff, so for in the bedroom I think your current amp will be fine.