axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
She likes to post smily faces.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
I_Pwn
is gonna find you
2,803 IQ
Quote by axeslash
She likes to post smily faces.

And she likes Pink Floyd. She definately loses punx points for that.
brnh.bandcamp.com
RizzoWashburn
Unregistered User
283 IQ
^Brian will have your head
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
Quote by RizzoWashburn
^Brian will have your head

F*cking right I will.

Most punk is in some way influenced by the Syd Barrett era Floyd.

It's most apparent through Lydon and Pepperell.
mike2
967 IQ
Quote by BrianApocalypse
F*cking right I will.

Most punk is in some way influenced by the Syd Barrett era Floyd.

It's most apparent through Lydon and Pepperell.

what? Lydon?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
Yeah, even though Lydon publicly hated Pink Floyd, he was very influenced by the Krautrock bands (for example Neu!) who decided to continue the theme laid down by Piper At The Gates.

A lot of people see the Barrett era of Floyd as being hippie stuff, but they were actually much darker and far more into LSD than the hippies (or at least Barrett was more into LSD!)

When they toured the west coast they were amazed at how laid back and normal everyone was.

I'd love to get my hands on some acid. Given the right conditions I'd come up with some incredible music, albeit at the cost of my sanity. Great.
RizzoWashburn
Unregistered User
283 IQ
My dad was a hippie and dropped acid. He's fine as far as I know.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
mbbmalcolm
24 IQ
My parents were hippies, but they hated Pink Floyd. I don't mind them, I actually kinda like some songs. And I agree, Lydon, especially in PiL, was very influenced by Floyd and other prog rock.

To stay on topic, no, I do not have Island Hopping, but Ill probably come around to getting it one of these days.
lavazza
K**e sold out
7,304 IQ
My dad likes Pink Floyd......I have no problem with them I think......but I dislike Roger Waters and David Gilmour. and I disliek that noone said a word about Island Hopping. to keep it in your mind: It´s and album by Strummer, not Gilmour!
HiImKindaNewAnd
Stupid n00b
234 IQ
This forum gets off topic a lot. In just 14 posts, it went from being about Island Hopping to Pink Floyd not being punk, to Syd Barrett's influence on punk, to Brian talking about how he wants to drop acid, to people talking about their parnts being hippies. Oh yeah, I like Pink Floyd and I haven't heard Island Hopping. I might have to check it out, though, it sounds interesting
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
lavazza
K**e sold out
7,304 IQ
Quote by HiImKindaNewAnd
This forum gets off topic a lot. In just 14 posts, it went from being about Island Hopping to Pink Floyd not being punk, to Syd Barrett's influence on punk, to Brian talking about how he wants to drop acid, to people talking about their parnts being hippies. Oh yeah, I like Pink Floyd and I haven't heard Island Hopping. I might have to check it out, though, it sounds interesting

it might be kind of hard to find, because my brother called me:
"You want an MDC LP?"
"Which one?"
"Millions of Damn Christians."
"Nice. Take it."
"There´s also a Joe Strumemr LP I don´t know."
"Then take that"

But I´ve never heard of that LP before
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
Quote by RizzoWashburn
My dad was a hippie and dropped acid. He's fine as far as I know.

That's because your dad doesn't have very slight mental illness that can be brought out and developed using psychoactive substances, like Peter, Syd and me.

There's a story about Joe Strummer getting high and becoming lost in a forest, looking for his false teeth.
crustyreed
493 IQ
Quote by BrianApocalypse
That's because your dad doesn't have very slight mental illness that can be brought out and developed using psychoactive substances, like Peter, Syd and me.

There's a story about Joe Strummer getting high and becoming lost in a forest, looking for his false teeth.

**** brian i can't beleive i never told you. When i was roadying for the pietasters they were telling me about this tour in probaly 95-96-97 (somewhere in those years) where Joe went with them for a week or two and he made them find him schwag/lower quality because he thought most american bud was too strong