That is my question. iv been playing 3 years now and i feel that iv been left behind now... i need some tips on how to improve my speed and technique and exspand my knowledge of scales and how to solo.. i have FAIRLY large hands i can play fromt he 1st fret to the 7th without shifting and its hard to move these meat logs fast Lol so any help would be much apreciated thank you.
Quote by neilap
That is my question. iv been playing 3 years now and i feel that iv been left behind now... i need some tips on how to improve my speed and technique and exspand my knowledge of scales and how to solo.. i have FAIRLY large hands i can play fromt he 1st fret to the 7th without shifting and its hard to move these meat logs fast Lol so any help would be much apreciated thank you.

LOL MEAT LOGS!!!!!!

seriously though thats ****ing insane that you can reach the 7th, i can only reach the 6th

hahaha

ok.

now practise learning all different types of scales.

start slow

then build speed using alternate picking
challenge yourself, i'm trying to learn curse of castle dragon atm and it's pretty much sorted the problems with my technique like hooking the spare fingers on my picking hand onto my pickups and playing with my thumb constantly on top of the neck, just doing that has helped increase my speed
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Don't practice learning different scales, that won't achieve anything - if you want to learn about music theory then start with the major scale, read the Crusade articles by Josh Urban in the columns section.

As far as speed goes, that just takes time - concentrate on playing accurately and speed will gradually develop. Just be very, very patient.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Metronome.
Pratice with it alot, and always start out slow. Speed will some to you.
Quote by bologna121121
pick out a really fast song and just keep increasing the speed increment by increment

That's what worked for me. i would screw up some seriously fast solos for days at a time, but it pushed me into a higher level for other stuff. still can't play some of the really fast stuff, but i'm way better then what i was.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Three Steps.

a) get guitar pro
b) get a list of awesome songs that have good guitar pro files (paranoid! the trooper! holy diver! whatever floats your boat)
c) learn them on 50% speed using the 'loop speed trainer', then learn them on 75% the same way. if 100% leave them and start on another song at 50%. After a month you will be able to play most of them if you do it some hours a day.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73