So me and a few buddies are planning a trip to Amsterdam to smoke some weed and see the world. The original plan was to be there for a week, but that could change.

1. How to get there

Well there's pretty much only one option here, a plane. The cheapest plane tickets that I've found so far were 217€ (Helsinki-Amsterdam) for a round trip on the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Finnair is 249€. A train to downtown is 3.80€, it's takes 15 minutes.

2. Where to stay

Here we have 2 options. Hotel or a hostel. Hotels are more private, safer and expensive. The cheapest hotels downtown are around 80-85€ per night. Hostels are a lot cheaper for a reason. 20€ per night and you'll get a bunk to sleep in with 10-32 people in the same room. 40€ gets you a private room for 2 in the Flying Pig hostel.

3. Coffee Shops & eating

There's way too many to visit in a week. http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/Map.html
Daily budget should be around 80€ per day, hopefully less. Always take more money than you need. I've been on holidays where we almost ran out of money and that ain't cool. 500€ should be enough.

Total cost of the trip in a hotel
217€ + (85€ x 6) + 500€ = 1227€ per person

Total cost in a hostel private room
217€ + (40€ x 6) + 500€ = 957€ per person

Any tips or suggestions? What should we look out for?
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Have you considered waiting for the cannabis cup. You buy a ticket to be a judge.

I'm sure you can guess what that means
Nah I think we'll just smoke in the coffee shops.
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
I was looking to go next year(Maybe winter or summer break) with my friends.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
You should Only need around 2 grams at the most at a day. But your tolerance will build so I'd only smoke up twice at the most on the first two days. Then on the sec to lastday and the last day smoked around 3 grams. btw, this is f you wanna get nicely high. Also try out Cheese, White Widow, Jack Herer, Haze etc. all the good ones.
i personnaly find it very expensive... at this price you could take an All Inclusive hotel in spain^^ not hard to find weed in spain...and weather is of course without commentary^^...
If your sole reason to go there is to smoke pot dont bother going for the week, a weekend will do you fine.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/YouthHostelMeetingpoint-Amsterdam-5052 Stay here and leave valuables in the lockers. That will save you on the private rooms. Plus sharing with strangerss is what makes the holiday more memorable. Also the hostel is oretty damn central...

Surely as well you can find something cheaper for the flight!. Dont book a return ticket just for ease of booking. Try going out with one airline and returning with another etc etc. You should get a better deal!
Quote by Twist of fate
Why else would you go there?

Red light district!
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Try Hotel Luxar, perfectly placed and relatively cheap for what you get. Hotels are more expensive but having your own room to crash in is well worth the extra cash.

Like the guy said if you're just going to get wasted then don't go for a week, anything more than 3 days is too long, that's my experience anyways.

Get some Mexican Haze for smoking through the day, gives you a nice buzz rather than a stone, then get some skunk to knock you out in the evenings.
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Surely as well you can find something cheaper for the flight!. Dont book a return ticket just for ease of booking. Try going out with one airline and returning with another etc etc. You should get a better deal!

Ok, the lowest one way I found on a search engine is 94,50€ but it stops in Frankfurt and takes about 4 hours. Not worth it.

A weekend trip, lets say we fly out on thursday and back on sunday.
217€ for tickets, 60€ for 3 nights in a hostel and 500€ to spend on weed and food. That adds up to 775€. Not bad..
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
Last edited by Chips- at Aug 18, 2008,
Quote by Chips-
So me and a few buddies are planning a trip to Amsterdam to smoke some weed and see the world. The original plan was to be there for a week, but that could change.

1. How to get there

Well there's pretty much only one option here, a plane. The cheapest plane tickets that I've found so far were 217€ (Helsinki-Amsterdam) for a round trip on the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Finnair is 249€. A train to downtown is 3.80€, it's takes 15 minutes.

2. Where to stay

Here we have 2 options. Hotel or a hostel. Hotels are more private, safer and expensive. The cheapest hotels downtown are around 80-85€ per night. Hostels are a lot cheaper for a reason. 20€ per night and you'll get a bunk to sleep in with 10-32 people in the same room. 40€ gets you a private room for 2 in the Flying Pig hostel.

3. Coffee Shops & eating

There's way too many to visit in a week. http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/Map.html
Daily budget should be around 80€ per day, hopefully less. Always take more money than you need. I've been on holidays where we almost ran out of money and that ain't cool. 500€ should be enough.

Total cost of the trip in a hotel
217€ + (85€ x 6) + 500€ = 1227€ per person

Total cost in a hostel private room
217€ + (40€ x 6) + 500€ = 957€ per person

Any tips or suggestions? What should we look out for?

When i went there i got a coach there, it took roughly 3 hours or so but thats from England, i dunno how long it would be from finland, but it would be cheaper. I stayed in a hostel called the hans brinker, it wasn't buckingham palace, just literally a roof over your head and a bed to sleep on, plus a locker, you can get about 6 in a room (the room we were in held 6 anyway), the best part of the hotel is the bar, with happy hour at about 6ish so that you can start off the night fairly cheap, in the same area they also sell food but i wouldn't eat it, i got dinner there once but it wasn't good at all, some of the other restauraunts (pizza, fast food, good breakfast stuff) are pretty good.

I wouldn't know much about coffee shops, but there are some very good bars, it may sound kinda boring but try not to make the main focus about getting baked or drunk every day, a few of my friends ruined their holiday because of bad trips, there is alot of culture out there to enjoy, just be careful about pickpockets and drug dealers, the red light district is quite scary as well.

Some places of interest (bars mostly)-bulldog (i didn't go but my bro said it was good), waterhole(reccomended), bourbon street blues bar, van gough museum, irish bars.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
The most money you need per day for weed is about 30 euro for all of you. For sure.
The jazz student
Quote by donender
just be careful about pickpockets and drug dealers, the red light district is quite scary as well.

Well pickpocketing would require some magic because I keep my wallet in the right front pocket, so it's sometimes a bit hard for myself to get it out let alone some thief. The hostel I was interested in is right in the middle of downtown near the red light district..
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28