Hi All,

I'm currently trying to decide which pickups to put in my 2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded. The burstbuckers currently in it are good, but a bit too harsh for my liking.

I'm set on getting Bareknuckles after the reading the rave reviews about them.

So I'm looking for medium output humbuckers, capable of GNR, Led Zep, ACDC etc. tones.

http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/products.html

I was wondering if anyone could clarify the difference in tones of the Mule, Stormy Monday, Black Dog, VHII etc..

Cheers
Gibson Les Paul Faded Honeyburst
Ibanez RG1570 - EMG 81/85
Marshall JVM 205c
Marshall MS-4 Microstack
----------------------------
ESP EC-404 Les Paul Bass
Marshall B65
Well...slash uses SD alnico II pros, which are what I'd class as a moderate output humbucker and they are a lot smoother than the burstbuckers which I find have too much treble
Email Tim at Bareknuckle with some details of what kinda sound your after in combination with the gear that you have, he should be able to give you some suggestions.
Just looking at titles, the black dog pickup seems to be some sort of Led Zeppelin pickup, and the Riff Raff an AC/DC pickup, but I could be wrong, obviously.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
The stormy monday alnico 2 which has weak treble, strong midrange, and a spongey bluesy bass. The low resistance in the pickup means low output but it gives you more clarity. The original PAF's were made like this but gibson didn't do it this way for very long.

The Mules have higher resistance for a bit more output and alnico 4 magnets which have a tighter bass slightly scooped mids and lots of high end sparkle. These have a lot more cut and clarity than the stormy monday.

The riff raff set has alnico 5 magnets which gives you bit more output and an upper midrange boost that gives you a thicker more agressive tone with better bite.

The black dog and VH2 both sound very similar to the riff raff set but they give you more output. The black dog sounds more modern than the VH2 and the VH2 sounds very similar to what gibson was making in the late 50's early 60's.

None of those pickups are high output

Stormy mondays will probably get you the closest to your GNR and Led Zep tone. The VH2 will get you closer to the ACDC stuff.

It's always a good idea to email Tim. He knows exactly what goes into his pickups.
Not taking any online orders.
Thanks CorduroyEW
Gibson Les Paul Faded Honeyburst
Ibanez RG1570 - EMG 81/85
Marshall JVM 205c
Marshall MS-4 Microstack
----------------------------
ESP EC-404 Les Paul Bass
Marshall B65