Page 1 of 5
http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_2378092,00.html

Hey, I just read this, some moron went to school wearing a balaclava, apparently high on weed (we call it dagga in South Africa), and killed someone with a 'ninja sword'. The police have somehow managed to deduce that the kid killed someone because he listened to Slipknot.

Now as far as I'm aware Slipknot aren't satanic (I'm open to correction there), none of the members wears a balaclava, and weed would not render you capable of such hostility (and handeye co-ordination) that you would kill somebody with a giant sword.

Any thoughts?
i don't know if it's satanic. slipknot's image scares the **** outta me, though

Slipknot does NOT puppies

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Last edited by sloppyjoe24 at Aug 18, 2008,
I strongly dislike Slipknot, but it's stupid to blame them for a murder. If I listend to some Mozart before I killed someone, Mozart would'nt get blamed
they just have to blame someone. its just like when they said marylin manson was responsible for columbine. i dont even like him at all, but come on, its ridiculous that they say he had anything to do with that incident.
Ag nee, bru.

I hate this freaking country. My band played a metal festival here (called Motherfudd), and the organisers got a call from the media asking for comments about "satanic ritual" that took place.
Ugh why doesn't tipper gore and the pmrc die in a satanic ritual.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The incident is tragic. The entire Satanic music thing is laughable.

Agreed.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Music doesnt have any influence on self control, just like video games or violent movies. Its like if you get obssessed with violence in games or what ever, you have to have been a violent person to begin with to take an interest.

Im guessing the guy was bullied or had problems and the drugs emphazised his violent side and he done bad.
Gear.

Ibanez Iceman IC400.

And Daron Malakians custom triangle pick.

Thats all you need to know.
aha what bad choice for rampage music
dont stop me now- queen is surely a better option
he should be locked up for bad taste
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Quote by the evil edge
I'd say the most worrying thing is that they listed wikipedia as a source.

The country's president, Thabo Mbeki, uses Wikipedia as a source sometimes. So why not the media then?
I like a couple Slipknot songs, don't care for others (open ear FTW)

But really teenagers find a place in the music they listen to, it's not the music telling them to go out and kill people. I'm pretty sure "Do the Psychosocial" doesn't mean go out and kill people with swords in the name of Satan.
The Pit. The Movie.
First it was the music then violient movies then it was Video games whats next...
Violent cereal boxes amkeing kids shoot up schools....
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
This is just another ignorant claim by the authorities. Just because something is different, they blame it. It's pure bull to think that music caused this guy to go out and kill someone. Same with Manson and the Columbine tragedy.

And no, Slipknot is not satanic. The lead singer is a christian. Just as Tom Araya of Slayer is a christian/catholic. (one of those, can't remember, but you get the point.)
Quote by CrazyDavey
I like my women how I like my wine, 12 years old and locked in my basement.

Quote by rg_metal
Some old lady asked me if my electric guitar was a bass. It clearly has Six strings.

Looks like they've given Marilyn Manson the day off.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
The incident is tragic. The entire Satanic music thing is laughable.

+1.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Quote by Nexium
First it was the music then violent movies then it was Video games whats next...
Violent cereal boxes making kids shoot up schools....

Oh noes! But kids who eat their Weetabix are faster, smarter and stronger!

Nobody will be able to stop them!
It's just an easy way to shift blame as always. If Slipknot caused people to get murdered, then spoons caused Rosie O'Donnell to get fat.
Hey, since it was a ninja sword, can we blame anime culture instead?
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by ARTICLE
Another pupil suffered an asthma attack after witnessing the killing. .

Damn you Satan
360 Gamertag: NEB Vanguard

Quote by josh15742
you sir are epic in every way imaginable

i literally bursted out laughing

Quote by Kenny77
Hats off to you sir!

Quote by powerhead
The country's president, Thabo Mbeki, uses Wikipedia as a source sometimes. So why not the media then?
And to think you lot are set to host my World Cup. :P
Music, video games, movies, pretty much all media take the blame for this type of thing but the truth is that more often they are a result of the problem, not the cause.

Most of the people involved in school killings are abused or neglected by their parents, bullied or have serious mental disorders, but it's easier to point the finger at misconstrued information about the things these kids did at home.

i don't remember killing children and then shooting myself in Doom but there are still parents who wont let their kids play it.
Quote by MonroeDabin
Music, video games, movies, pretty much all media take the blame for this type of thing but the truth is that more often they are a result of the problem, not the cause.

Most of the people involved in school killings are abused or neglected by their parents, bullied or have serious mental disorders, but it's easier to point the finger at misconstrued information about the things these kids did at home.

i don't remember killing children and then shooting myself in Doom but there are still parents who wont let their kids play it.

Agreed

Hell, if you gave this kid a guitar, a Slipknot tablature book, and a band, this might have all been avoided.
The Pit. The Movie.
I'm very said to hear that this **** has gotten to SA
bad times, but seriously:
The police said they found a toy hand grenade on the school's premises.

I think we're glossing over the real issues, how did this toy grenade make it onto the school premises?
the police are on weed! come on how can they slipknot made some one kill someone
At this point, they're just looking for someone else to blame.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
why do they blame stuff like this apparently some kid went out and killed all of his friends when playing "it" because he had just played manhunt. i mean what the hell?
They said the same thing about Grand Theft Auto when that first came iut too.
I wonder what they would blame it on if the kid listened to happy bunny-music and his room was filled with cute teddy's... what would they blame it on? the neighbour?
Page 1 of 5