Poll: Do you ever want to be famous?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you ever want to be famous?
Yea, why not?
96 73%
No, not really.
36 27%
Voters: 132.
Page 1 of 2
Simple question. Do you want to be famous/intend to be famous/wish you were famous?
It's not an easy thing to be (obviously) with cameras flashing everywhere etc. but if you can handle the pressure, the annoyingness and so on, I guess it has it's advantages too.....
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
Yeah, sure, why not? I'd end up like Kurt Cobain. Married to some broad and I'd have to kill myself within a few years of my fame, but sure, I'd do it.
The Pit. The Movie.
I'd rather be semi-famous. Well-known, but not enough to be bugged by paparazzi all the time. I'd like to leave a small mark on the world though, y'know?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
I'd rather be semi-famous. Well-known, but not enough to be bugged by paparazzi all the time.

+1111111111
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I hope to be successful and with great success usually comes more "fame"

I'd personally rather not be famous but if fame is a by-product of success then it's kind of inevitable.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by break-me-in
I'd rather be semi-famous. Well-known, but not enough to be bugged by paparazzi all the time.

+1

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
Yeah, I mean it can't be any worst than being borderline poor can it.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
I'd love to change the world but I wouldn't want to be Paris Hilton famous. I'd have to feel that I deserved it.
It'd be nice to have just a one hit wonder you know, that song that EVERYONE knows and goes crazy when its played. I'd like that
Gear: Gibson SG standard EMG ZW pickups, vintage Acoustic combo, Boss ME-50, 12 string Ibanez.
I want to be able to feel i deserved it, and furthurmore, as break me in said semi-famous like known enough to be in history but not exactly a britney spears should be a lot better.

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Quote by sebbsmith
I'd love to change the world but I wouldn't want to be Paris Hilton famous. I'd have to feel that I deserved it.

Great answer!
My Gear
Electrics - Ibanez RG370DX
Acoustics - Takamine EG510SC, Victoria Classic
Pedals - Ibanez WD7, Marshall ED1, Digitech DF7, Boss AC3, Marshall RG1, Digitech XDD
Amplifiers - Laney HCM15R, Roland Micro Cube
Quote by sebbsmith
I'd have to feel that I deserved it.
How on earth would you deserve it? What would entitle you?

I don't want to deserve it. I want to be famous like someone who is on Big Brother then is never off the TV. Then I'll release an album and open a restaurant.
Quote by blackflag49
Yesh, I want to be remembered.
Not like Lindsay Lohan famous, but like Noam Chomsky famous.

Who's Noam Chomsky?
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.
Quote by Steve Plod
Who's Noam Chomsky?

Precisely.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
yes... if I'm famous, I'll get money. if I got money, I'll get new guitars. if I get new guitars I'll be happy.

so, yeah...
Quote by smb
How on earth would you deserve it? What would entitle you?

I don't want to deserve it. I want to be famous like someone who is on Big Brother then is never off the TV. Then I'll release an album and open a restaurant.

Then id be the freakiest ****ing stalker you have ever known,after follwing you around for a few years id skin you alive then sell bits and pices of you on ebay!

Then blame that satan made me do it.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
I'd rather be infamous.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by Here_is_no_why
I'd rather be infamous.

??

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Quote by Here_is_no_why
I'd rather be infamous.
What's the difference?
Quote by smb
What's the difference?

He wants to to be a Austrian dictator.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
yes...to a certain extent.

I'd be ecstatic with significant underground fame with my band, but wouldn't say no to mainstream success to be quite honest.
Do I want that a simple trip to the beach will turn impossible to me?
Do I want that going to eat a burger will turn impossible to me?
Do I want to go with my family to a field day and be annoyed by blood thirsty papparazzis?
Do I want everyone to know me and worship me?

Hell no.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

aslong as it was for a good reason and i could openly kill paparazzi and reports that bugeed me then yeah i would definately
Rich but not famous................i couldnt be arsed with c.unts following me about all day. Any time u take a sh!t it appears in the paper......'look he took a sh!t, breaking news!'
Quote by clement1
Rich but not famous................i couldnt be arsed with c.unts following me about all day. Any time u take a sh!t it appears in the paper......'look he took a sh!t, breaking news!'

sensible

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Quote by smb
Hell yeah. It'd be hilarious.

Pretty much this for me as well. I'd like getting drunk and going on gameshows, that type of thing and it'd probably be easy to get women.
cult fame > fame

fans are more hardcore, not recognised as often, usually live a pretty modest life.
that'd be awesome.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
I want to be famous.

And I will be.

I will.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
I want to be famous.

And I will be.

I will.
You're UG famous...that's a start
Quote by smb
You're UG famous...that's a start

That's infamy, it's completely different. If I wanted to be infamous in real life, I'd just kill someone or become a nonce.

I want to be recognised for something useful, instead of being gay and irritating.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I want to have that level of fame where everyone's like "He sold out" So I could be like "I'll pay you to stop saying that *puts on shades over shades* YEAAAH"
I just like to have a large house in a rural area, where people can't smother me or anything. I wouldn't want to be famous like you see me on TV EVERYDAY (Jonas Brothers FTL) just famous enough that people know me.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Quote by break-me-in
I'd rather be semi-famous. Well-known, but not enough to be bugged by paparazzi all the time. I'd like to leave a small mark on the world though, y'know?

+1

Sell millions of albums, but not being recognized on the street except by my fans.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Page 1 of 2