It's been a while and my strings sound like s***. I haven't changed them in a while. But, just a question, I'm changing the whole set so should I change them by taking them all off. Or by taking one off and replacing it. Also, should I start with the low E or high E string.
You should change them 1 at a time starting with the low E & alternating to the high E working your way towards the center. If you take them all off you remove all the tension on the neck & that could cause intonation problems.
Quote by Martindecorum
i generally take them all off.. give the guitar a nice clean, the start with the high E

This way works well. As long as you intonate your geetar when you've finished...
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Id take them off one at a time starting with the Low e, however if you do take them all off you will have to re set the intonation
i start with the low E and work higher. that may be because i'm a lefty or something, because all my righty friends do it the other way around.

i take off all the strings too, but i never have problems with inotation. unless you had 0.13s on there and left your guitar without strings for a week, i don't think that yout inotation will be that f*cked.

also, don't pull your strings though all the way and start winding. pull the string through the post, then pull it back trough Apporx. 2-3 inches. bend the string at a 90 degree angle. pull up on the string, just enough to have some tension, not enough to pull the string out (this is why i band the string). once you get a good wrap or two around the post, pull up on the string with more force. this helps with the tuning instabilities you get with new strings.

hope this helps.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.