Hey, I've searched quite a bit for some info on wheels for my amp. I have a 5150 combo that I just got, and lugging it around it pretty annoying, especially since I don't always have someone around to help me.

I know that putting wheels on it will take some low end off the tone, but that's fine with me.

What I'm most concerned with is the damage they can do. Will wheels really do a lot of damage to the tubes/electronics if the road is bumpy? Would getting bigger/rubber wheels help absorb the shock any?

any info would be great

Thanks
I dont think the road being bumpy would be any different from the amp banging into you while you carry it, but my amp is solid state and weighs 75 lbs and im trying to find out stuff about casters, or ill just build myself a dolly.

I've never heard of putting wheels on an amp take low end off of tone, but if you put pop in casters in, im pretty sure you can just take them out once youre where you want to be.
i would just build a nice case for it, and put wheels on the case.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
uh, it would be a box that could fit an amp that is 24x51x20" + room for padding. it would be the same as building a case for a small amp, except bigger.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.