Hello pit, I come to you in my hour of need. I come not for sympathy, but for suggestions. I'm 18 years old, I was supposed to leave yesterday for Marine Corp boot camp, yet the doctor at MEPS disqualified me last Wednesday, so they sent my papers to the Bureau of Medicine, and they've dq'd me as well. Now my military career is over before it even started. Now my question for you is, what does a high school graduate with no job and no money do? I quit my job two weeks ago because I was expecting to be able to go. I have no interest in any type of college and I was thinking about some sort of tech school, but I have no money for college. Any suggestions are gladly welcomed.
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
Last edited by gatewaytobeyond at Aug 18, 2008,
Fap.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
apprentenship maybe?..earn cash while learning

and yeah whats wrong with you,are you broken?
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
well im guessing ur from the U.S and if i were you i'd be glad not to go to war for a country that shouldnt even be Iraq.
Gear:

2007 Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster (MIA)

Mesa Boogie Express 5:25

Yamaha Acoustic

Member of the Eric Johnson Worshippers Club.
Quote by aaciseric
Whats wrong with you?

Chondro-malecia
My doctor here said everything was good to go but apparently the other doctors don't think so. Anyways, it's a knee problem...you know how most people have cartilage in their knee caps? I don't. It's basically bone on bone if I understood right. I went to physical therapy for it and it hasn't bothered me since, and I've been working out 3 times a week too. The reason the other doctor's dq'd me was because in the doctor's note's he stated "This condition often does poor in military recruits."

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
Join a privite security firm. You may still get to go to Iraq if your lucky without as many rules and restrictions of the army
tht#at sucks..but no seriously try an aprentenship,you earn as you learn and there's a good chance that you can go strait into a job afterwards,if not you can get qualifications why you work that look good on your c.v
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick

Quote by Aerokizzombie

Quote by CodChick

Quote by MCMXCII

I'm scary
Become a Canadian Citizen and join their Forces.
BASSES

Yamaha RBX270L Custom Fretless
Traben Tribal Sun 5 L
Fender Custom Jazz Bass L

EFFECTS

BOSS DD-7
BOSS OC-3
BOSS RC-2
BOSS TU-2
Tech 21 Sans Amp Bass Driver DI

AMP

Yorkville XM200 Combo
Quote by gatewaytobeyond
Chondro-malecia
My doctor here said everything was good to go but apparently the other doctors don't think so. Anyways, it's a knee problem...you know how most people have cartilage in their knee caps? I don't. It's basically bone on bone if I understood right. I went to physical therapy for it and it hasn't bothered me since, and I've been working out 3 times a week too. The reason the other doctor's dq'd me was because in the doctor's note's he stated "This condition often does poor in military recruits."

Fight your case.
Quote by joey100
Join a privite security firm. You may still get to go to Iraq if your lucky without as many rules and restrictions of the army

looooooooooool...
wut?
sry you dont get to shoot people.... dude you gotta grow up. you shouldnt have rested your life on you getting into the army.
Gear:

2007 Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster (MIA)

Mesa Boogie Express 5:25

Yamaha Acoustic

Member of the Eric Johnson Worshippers Club.
Quote by centorium
tht#at sucks..but no seriously try an aprentenship,you earn as you learn and there's a good chance that you can go strait into a job afterwards,if not you can get qualifications why you work that look good on your c.v

That doesn't sound like a half bad thing, now just to find an apprenticeship in a field I like.

Quote by strat_7
sry you dont get to shoot people.... dude you gotta grow up. you shouldnt have rested your life on you getting into the army.

I've been signed up since 6 months before I graduated. When you have a boot camp date, I'm not going to sit here and expect to be disqualified, I'm going to expect to go. Since if I was going to have been disqualified it should've been a long time before now, but hey, **** happens.

Quote by snow blind

Quote by Kiffa
Last edited by gatewaytobeyond at Aug 18, 2008,
Quote by gatewaytobeyond
Hovering is for bitches.

Hello pit, I come to you in my hour of need. I come not for sympathy, but for suggestions. I'm 18 years old, I was supposed to leave yesterday for Marine Corp boot camp, yet the doctor at MEPS disqualified me last Wednesday, so they sent my papers to the Bureau of Medicine, and they've dq'd me as well. Now my military career is over before it even started. Now my question for you is, what does a high school graduate with no job and no money do? I quit my job two weeks ago because I was expecting to be able to go. I have no interest in any type of college and I was thinking about some sort of tech school, but I have no money for college. Any suggestions are gladly welcomed.

1. Good try, your hovering thing didn't work.
2. Those doctors probably just saved your life.
3. If you looked at getting into the army as a job, then you should have had fall back plans if you didn't get the job.
4. Can you honestly say that you have absolutely no interest in further study in anything? There are plenty of loans and scholarships you can get and loans you can get, your parents might be able to help out as well. You should really rethink college.
5. If you explained to your former boss why you quit, and then explain to him why you can't go, then he might offer you your position back. Although, it may not be worth it if it's a crappy job.
Quote by gibsonpenguin
1. Good try, your hovering thing didn't work.
2. Those doctors probably just saved your life.
3. If you looked at getting into the army as a job, then you should have had fall back plans if you didn't get the job.
4. Can you honestly say that you have absolutely no interest in further study in anything? There are plenty of loans and scholarships you can get and loans you can get, your parents might be able to help out as well. You should really rethink college.
5. If you explained to your former boss why you quit, and then explain to him why you can't go, then he might offer you your position back. Although, it may not be worth it if it's a crappy job.

1. Yes, I noticed, I feel like an idiot but oh well
2. Maybe, then again I might not have gone to Iraq.
3. I realize that now.
4. There are two things, auto tech is one of them. I'm not really interested in that anymore after working in a shop for two years it isn't what I wanted after all. Line man school is the other thing I have in mind.
5. I'm going to talk to him today, maybe he'll give me the job back.

Quote by snow blind

Quote by Kiffa
Quote by gatewaytobeyond
Chondro-malecia

i'm not a doctor, but with what little knowledge i have, if your kneecap is going bone on bone you should be in a **** load of pain at this point. i was told that bone on bone contact is extremely painful, not something that a few physical therapy sessions can cure. if your knee is not bothering you. get a few other opinions on the matter and bring it up to your local recuiter. if not start a band. i mean its not like you got anything else goin, and nothing more to loose.
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
Quote by drugfreeboy
i'm not a doctor, but with what little knowledge i have, if your kneecap is going bone on bone you should be in a **** load of pain at this point. i was told that bone on bone contact is extremely painful, not something that a few physical therapy sessions can cure. if your knee is not bothering you. get a few other opinions on the matter and bring it up to your local recuiter. if not start a band. i mean its not like you got anything else goin, and nothing more to loose.

It's only rubbing at certain angles, mostly when I'm running because of the high impact that has on your knees. There were times I was in a sh|t load of pain, which is why I went to the doctor in the first place.

Haha, your right about starting a band, I still have my guitar and amp. Hell, it might even be fun

Quote by snow blind

Quote by Kiffa
Quote by TdotBass
Become a Canadian Citizen and join their Forces.

This. God knows we need the help.
Actually though, go back to high school and finish up. It's the only way to make good money in the long run unless you're VERY lucky. And judging by how things have turned out lately, you aren't.
you know you could claim disability
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick

Quote by Aerokizzombie

Quote by CodChick

Quote by MCMXCII

I'm scary
Quote by gatewaytobeyond
It's only rubbing at certain angles, mostly when I'm running because of the high impact that has on your knees. There were times I was in a sh|t load of pain, which is why I went to the doctor in the first place.

Haha, your right about starting a band, I still have my guitar and amp. Hell, it might even be fun

well then what about wearing a knee brace? or something along those lines to curb some or most of the pain when running?
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
Quote by gatewaytobeyond

the marines arent the only branch of the military that will pay for your education for the disipline your going into

other military branches you could go to: aviation (air force), maritime work (navy), since you've been working in an auto shop for the past 2 years (right? i think i read that in one of your other posts) you could probably get a job repairing airplanes, tanks and stuff like that quite easily (they should pay for your education in repairing those things)

or if your feeling really ambitious and dont mind going to school for awhile, you could get a medical degree, join the USAMRIID, combat deadly desieses and make a ****load
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Haha, yes, I suppose I could claim disability, but I'm not going to do that.

I've finished highschool, I graduated in May so I'm not worried about finishing.

The knee brace is a no-go with any branch of military I believe because they would view me strictly as a liability then.

I have considered working on airplanes for a living, there's a lot of money in that from everything I've heard, I just have to find a school that teaches that skill.

Quote by snow blind

Quote by Kiffa