if you have a cab rated for 100 watts, but a 20 watt head, will it only go to 20 watts, or can hooking up louder speakers make more output?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
A 20 watt head will produce 20 watts. Speaker wattage is just how much amp wattage they can stand up too.

Speaker efficiency can play a role in loudness but that is another lesson in itself..
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Aug 18, 2008,
Amps can produce more than the rated wattage if you crank them though.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Quote by IbanezPsycho
A 20 watt head will produce 20 watts. Speaker wattage is just how much amp wattage they can stand up too.

Speaker efficiency can play a role in loudness but that is another lesson in itself..

+1

(agreed that when cranked, tube amps can put out more than their rated wattage, but that's not dependent on the speakers)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just use this analogy: if your girlfriend has a 34D bra on, it won't make her boobs bigger if she only has 34B, IOW the poweramp dictates the power