i need to replace strings for an explorer, but havn't got a clue on what kind of strings to buy? any advice would be good..
Elixir 10-46s.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Ernie Ball Slinkey's
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Quote by Brokntragedy
what i do is go kill a creature, gut it, and rip out 6 veins and use those for strings.

I prefer the heavier gauge of Pulmonary arteries.
Elixer Nanoweb 10-46.
Expensive, but will last far longer than the slinkies
Quote by cleft11
Elixer Nanoweb 10-46.
Expensive, but will last far longer than the slinkies

+100000
The gauge all depends on what tuning you're playing in though. The Elixir Anti Rust Nanowebs or Polywebs will last 5 time longer then any Ernie Ball strings. They feel a bit different at first, but they're easy to get use to. They're all I'm using anymore!
Ernie ball or GHS boomers are my personal favorites...
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
DR strings last very long and i ve never broken a DR and have used them for 2 years.
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
Quote by Scream And Fly
I'll go against the grain here and say GHS Boomers. I've played hundreds (yes, hundreds) of live shows, and never broke one. I only use GHS Boomers.

yes use these. 10x better than Ernie Ball. I did use Ernie Ball strings until I tried boomers. I also used Elixers for awhile. Boomers are the best period
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Am I the only one that doesn't feel any difference between string brands?
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
You could buy any strings you'd like, but if this is the first time you change your strings the best gauge for you would be 10's or maybe 9's. What brand you buy is just your preference. To see what brand fits you buy strings from a different brand every time you change them and then see which you like best.

Some appreciated brands are D'addario, Ernie Ball, GHS and Elixr
I use either Fender or Ernie Ball, whatever I'm feeling more like.

I just don't like Elixirs, I can't get used to them!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by bjoern_swe
Am I the only one that doesn't feel any difference between string brands?

What have you tried? I can definitly feel a difference and I havent even been playing that long.
Quote by Axe Murderer
What have you tried? I can definitly feel a difference and I havent even been playing that long.

GHS, D'Addario and Ernie Ball

I have to change strings now though... my low B-string has been there since....last summer

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Ernie Ball Extra Slinkies 8's the best guitar strings absolutely amazing and only about £5-£6
You use 8s? Damn dude, you have girl hands?

no not really theyre just good strings do you think your boss because you use big heavy thick strings?
i also have a steel string acoustic so shut up
Quote by daveswhippy
no not really theyre just good strings do you think your boss because you use big heavy thick strings?

Haha, I never said I used heavy strings. I use 9s and 10s. 8s are just so thin...
Quote by daveswhippy

jeez mate. chill

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball